Hello RO

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lemonaxis

Reaction score
Hi :)

I will keep this brief :)

Firstly sorry I have been all but totally inactive for a long time.:(

I missed everyone very much.:hug:

I have been recovering from the withdrawal from an antidepressant that really sent me to another planet. I have been in a state of confusion and disorientation for many weeks and computer screens and RO, my emails etc etc were just in the too hard basket. Common everyday tasks became a major mission and with the help of a friend or two, my family and partner, some of the symptoms are finally easing.

I hope I can be a more active member. If not a mod light, then at least a few postings in the welcome section and help for members who have lost a pet etc.

I will not be of much more use than that for a while to come.

I have a new baby too, his name is Slipper and he is a lovely 2 year old mini lop. I got him as a present, to me from me kind of present. He is very clean and does not require a lot of work.

Carlita is still looking for a new home..she is my foster bun. Michelle ??

Jazz will be with me and so will Slipper as my only two keepers.

My rabbits have helped me through this time in their own way.

Hi to everyone, I hope to post pics up soon but basic tasks are still a bit challenging. Its like awakening from a coma and finding that I live in a brand new world. :shock:

Hope to hear from you all soon ....Lisa:)

Welcome back!!

I missed you and worried about you! :hugsquish:

Can't wait to see the new bunny!

So glad to see you back! Ugh, coming off antidepressants? What kind, if you don't mind me asking. I was on Prozac, and I just weaned myself off and I was fine, but for the others like Paxil? Ee, not sure, I've heard they're harder.

Thinking of you, glad you're sorta back, take your time, and glad the buns are well.:)

Congrats on Slipper! That's a great name too!:D

Its sell name is Citlapram and I was told I am way better off without medication because I reacted so badly to the withdrawal.

Some of the sypmtoms were so bad I could not get out of bed without help so if anyone ever suggests antidepressants to me again, I think I will depart a piece of my mind!!
lol

AngelnSnuffy wrote:
I was on Prozac, and I just weaned myself off and I was fine, but for the others like Paxil? Ee, not sure, I've heard they're harder.
I took myself off Paxil pretty easily a year ago - but I was on a low dosage (the lowest they give maybe??). I was at a point where I would either need to go to the doctor for more....or something and I really didn't like the idea of going with a higher dose. (I have considered going back on again at half strength of what I had...I just hate that it makes me sleep for hours at a time).

I think Robin might have had what you had - it was one of the generic things for Lexapro or something like that. I know it was horrid for her and she's on something else now and I can tell if she misses it for even a day!

Welcome back - feel free to hang out here for what you can handle and then close the website back down when you need a break. We understand.

Peg

paxil was probably the worst thing i've ever put into my body before and it caused me to go insane. i was pulled off immediately when i became suicidal and directed to take xanax xr for a month while i came off the withdrawal symptoms. zoloft has been the best thing ever for me so far, and knock on wood, forever.

miss you lisa!!!!!!!!!! be checking your home mail box okay? i finally got around to sending you what i said i would!

tracy:hearts

We're all a bunch of depressed people! ;)

I'm on Zoloft also - for a long time! I have issues with very bad PMS and adultADD and it helps both of those - along with some depression. We didn't really treat the adult ADD but it seemed to help some of the symptoms and with Luke having it and my doc being severe ADHD (he's super genius too) it was pretty obvious from my history that I had a touch of it. I masked it by getting good grades in school and stuff - same thing my son did but he's adjusted and doing fine not on any medicines.... anyhow.....

I've not had paxil (my mom has it) but I did take Prozac for a time. It was right after I had Luke and was really suffering from the blues....... well I did fine and went off of it. They tried to put me back on it about a year laterand it was AWFUL. It was like my body rejected it the second time around.

Glad you're feeling better, Lisa! :)

HI LISA! So good to see you on here :dancingorig:. Congrats to your new furbutt :nod.

I'm weaning myself a little off my anti-depressants too, I find they tend to make me feel dopey and really spaced out. I start to get clumsy and careless and lazy feeling :?, and start saying strange things to people.

I just took on two little baby bunnies this week, argh, if I'd known Carlita had needed a home too....**** :X.

Yay Lisa!

We were about to send out a search party, although I suspected that this was the case based on messages before you stopped posting, but it was still a worry!

So glad you're back, take your time, don't feel obligated to do a thing!

:hugsquish:

s :bunnydance:

Hello friends, it IS very good to be typing in these forums again.:)

I do love being an RO member and I want to post up my pics of my new little bun asap, I am charging up my camera now so it won't be long.Want to start a new blog for him and Jazz and Carlita.

Its actually quite demanding work with the buns and also I have two guinea pigs as well...they were just meant to be visitors as their mum went on holiday but she doesn't want them anymore so they are mine for keeps.

My little baby is now 11 months old, can't belive she will be 1year soon. So with a baby and a full house of pets, I am so busy cleaning and feeding everyone that I need to go get some sleep :)

I'm sorry I missed welcoming you back....:embarrassed:

WELCOME BACK !!!!:hugsquish:

Now when do we see pics of Slipper??
:biggrin2:

Latest posts

Back