Hello! New to the forum

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lonehowl

Reaction score
Hi All. I have been lurking for a couple ofweeks now, and decided I should officially introduce myself and myrabbit. This is the first time I've owned a rabbit. I fostered one acouple of years ago for my local humane society so I'm not completelyclueless. Anyway, my rabbit's name is Bun Bun (very original, I know).I just got him about two weeks ago. He is a Jersey Wooly, and oh socute. He is still very shy and doesn't want to come out of his cage yetbut we are working on it. After seeing all of the cool cages on heremade out of the nic cubes I decided to make him one. It's all finishedexcept I'm still working on what to use for the floor of the cage. I'llhopefully get him moved into it this weekend. I plan to have himneutered but was hoping so get him a little more settled in first. I dohave a question. I was considering going back and getting one of hisbrothers so he would have a buddy. Would this be a mistake, would theybond with each other and not with me?

Melissa

Hello Melissa, welcome to the forum.:wave:

Do you have any pictures of Bun Bun? We really love pictures here!!:sunshine:

I don't have an NIC cage but I know a lot of people use chloroplast forthe base. If you made a topic in the main forum about this and anyother questions you've got about the cage, it's more likely people willsee it and give you good, experienced replies.:)

If you were getting his brother it could work, but they'd have to beneutered (which you plan to do anyway soI assume that's not aproblem) Also, you'd have to be prepared to house them separately if itdidn't work, there a lot of infohere

Hope you enjoy the forum!!:happydance

Michaela:), Ebony:bunny5 and Pebble:anotherbun

I finally got a picture of Bun Bun. He's the one in the top picture.The second picture is of Delilah. I am fostering her for the humanesociety. I didn't mention her in my first post because I thought I wasgoing to be taking her right back. She is very cage aggressive. But Ihave fallen for her, so she won't be leaving anytime soon. I willprobably end up adopting her. She is about 3 1/2 years old and spayed.She is very outgoing and loves her out of cage time. My plan was to tryand bond her and Bun Bun, but I'm scared to now after seeing how cageaggressive she is with me. I might try it after Bun Bun gets neuteredand is all healed. He is already much more outgoing just having her inthe same room. Let me know what you think of their pics.

Melissa

Aww Bun Bun and Delilah are both adorable!!:inlove:

Thanks for posting pictures of them for us.

I hope after your boy is neutered they will be able to bond!:goodluck

Welcome to the forum! ;)
I hope everything goes okay with Bun Bun and Delilah, if you decide toadopt her. Maybe you could try getting her a different sizedcage or putting it in a different spot to help with cageaggression.
Either way, they're both very cute :bunnydance:
~Diana and Butter

Latest posts

Back