Hello. New here!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hello. I am the proud owner to Pablo a European Buck and Charolette who I am pretty sure is a harlequin.

I looked up European Rabbit and found that all domesticated rabbits stem from them. However I have never seen them mentioned on any rabbit forum or site as a recognized breed? I am going to try to post a picture of picture of him. His colouring reminds me of a calico cat :)

Charolette~Harlequin?
2011039.jpg

Pablo~ European
2011003t.jpg

I was just told by my Father in law that Charlotte is half Holland Lop and Half Harlequin. She is white with very few grey spots :)

Charlotte is actually my daughters rabbit. Pablo is mine. I just adopted him. He has such a personality. Very fun to be around. Charlotte is pretty shy. Doesn't mind her pets but she doesn't play like Pablo.

Hello welcome to Ro.

Your bunnies are adorable. Are they indoor or outdoor pets? Are they fixed? Are they bonded? If not are you going to try to bond them?

You must start a Bunny Blog for them and tell us all about them and post MANY MANY pictures.

Susan:)

They are not fixed so we have not had them together. Their hutches are about 4 ft apart outside and they can see each other but for now that's as close as they will get.

They are outdoor bunnies right now but I plan on converting part of our storage room to keep them indoors for the winter. I saw great pics of everyones NIC cages and love them!

I would love to find a European Doe now that I have Pablo. I know he would produce beautiful babies and I have not really heard of any European rabbits around. I don't think we are quite ready for that though. Just dreams so far.

Thanks for the warm welcome!

Welcome :)
From the pics your boy looks like a harlequin. Does your female have simular patterns on her? Or is she pure white? If she is pure white if her eyes are red(or pink) she could be albino, having 2 genes that work like bleach and remove the pigment in the fur and eyes.

Like you said all the domesticated rabbits are decendants of European rabbits.
If you do plan to have them fixed there is a Vet near Grande Prairie that charges $80/ neuter and $130/spay, Morningview vet clinic in Sexsmith. Since it's a short drive from Dawson Creek, might be a way to save some money, the Vets in GP charge $189/neuter and $250/spay. He neutered my boy and a friends rabbit :)

Charlotte is White with a few very light grey spots on her side right above her back haunches, her eyes are brown. We were just told she was Holland lop/Harlequin.

I guess Pablo in a sense could be anything if we were told he was a European Rabbit?? I looked up pictures of a Harlequin and I agree he i very close in colouring.

I have not looked at prices for getting them fixed yet. I would love to breed Pablo. If and when we do fix them it would probably be here in Dawson.

In harlequins there are two varieties. Japanese or Magpie. Japanese Harlequins have the orange base color with black, blue, lilac, or chocolate markings. Magpie Harlequins have the white base color with black, blue, lilac, or chocolate markings.
Here is the club website with some pictures
http://www.americanharlequinrabbitclub.net/Happenings.php

I would say Pablo is a Japanese harlequin with either lilac or blue markings while Charolette could be magpie we would need better pictures showing the 'spots' you speak of.

Cute bunnies and welcome to RO

I would like to welcome you to Rabbits Online, my name is Dave and I am a moderator on the forum. So if I can be of any help please let me know. This is a terrific website for rabbits and their slaves, not only is it very active but also friendly. I am so glad you’re here and I know you will enjoy it.

Many bunnies’ recommend their slaves to this site so we may learn of others methods to keeping our furry masters happy.

If you everhave a sick bunny, please post in The Infirmary and include your rabbit's age, breed and health history as well diet and output details leading up to the problem.

Here are somelinks I thought you might find interesting:

*For reference the Library section

*To brag or tell everyone about the antics of your bunny or just to talk about your day here is where to start a Bunny Blog, you can also look back at it later and remember when you had a life before your bunny.

*Now all the bunny’s like talk to each other when we mere slaves aren’t around in the Bunny Chat is the spot to be.

*The House Rabbit Society has a lot of good information on what veggies are safe for bunny’s, etc.

*Here is a link to learn what your furry master is trying to say to you How to Understand Your Bunny's Language

*Rabbits Online also has regional forums , this a good way to find a vet in your area that has experience with rabbits and to find out from other nearby of good sources of rabbit supplies.

The Let Your Hare Down section is for anything non-bunny related.

Here is a link tothat will help you and your bunny to connect, How to Bond with Your Bunny.

Now every forum has rules and ours can be found with this link Rabbits Online Forum Rules. This gives guidelines on what is acceptable, what is not and how we hope everyone will treat each other.

Everyone on this forum loves to see pictures of each other’s bunnies. So if you would like to post a picture this link will help you do that, Upload Photo's to Photo Gallery. Then in the post, you click on the "G" in the tool bar to insert your photo. Many people also use Photobucket. You just copy the img file and paste it into the post.

Don’t hesitate to ask questions and I am glad you have joined rabbits online; I look forward to seeing you around.

Back