Hello, my name is....

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ChandieLee

Reaction score
So, I've been a part of this forum for about 6 years or so, and yet I feel like a stranger here- that's my own doing because I usually come here to post when I'm having a bun emergency, or have a question about bonding/food/etc. I'd love to interact with everyone on here as well via posts, but I don't always feel comfortable doing so. I can barely interact with people in person, and I guess I have a hard time talking to people online too. I'm honestly just not that big a people person. I would like to make more of an effort here because well, I'm a bunny person, you're all bunny people and just from reading all the posts on here, everyone seems so wonderful :). So, I thought that if I let you guys get to know me, and maybe if I get to know all of you better, I'll feel better about coming on RO to actually interact and post more! Well, here goes!

My name is Chandra! I'm 25 years old, and currently a general studies major at the local community college. Hopefully next fall, I'll be transferring to another college where I can work towards becoming a vet tech.
Right now, I work as a peer advocate for youth and young adults who deal with mental, emotional, and behavioral health needs, and even though I love every minute of it, I find that it can be very draining work, and eventually I'll have to move on- which is why I'll be studying to become a vet tech.
I live with my boyfriend, Kit, whom I've been with for 7 wonderful years. He's very understanding of my love for bunnies, even though he sometimes feels like I put them first; it's okay. He understands how much they mean to me.
I'm an avid reader, and Harry Potter is my absolute favorite book ever, and for good reason. I was a troubled teen and spent a lot of time in psychiatric institutions because I was a very depressed, very confused girl- but I found comfort in Harry Potter when I had nothing and no one else to turn to. It was also something my dad and I bonded over; he passed away last year, and it's something for me to hold on to.
I'm also a classically trained singer, I've probably dyed my hair every color possible, and I absolutely love Celtic music :).

Phew! Well, that wasn't so hard!

So, how about everyone else? :):):)

wow you are a busy young woman. Sounds like you have a great and understanding boyfriend. My husband Len also realizes that he is down on the totempole compared to the bunnies. Nice when they are so understanding. Glad you were able to make up with your dad before it was too late. Always remember my mom telling me that during the 2nd world war she ended up pregnant and kept my sister, and unheard of thing at that time for unwed moms. My grandfather disowned her. She was going back several years later to introduce my dad to him that she had married and found out he had died several months before that. That really left her with a hole in her heart and some pretty emotional scarring. Well I haven't dyed my hair every colour possible, but at my age refuse to go down without a fight so do dye it ( shhh don't tell anyone ) but between my kids and grandkids, am sure that we have used most of the colours. I love celtic music, but believe me you are lucky you don't have to listen to my wailing. Good for you being a peer consellor. Nothing like knowing where that person is coming from to be sympathetic yet constructive. Sane or normal or over rated. lol We can use all the trained rabbit savey vet techs possible. Nice to meet you. I am several years older than you, been married to the same guy for 43 years. My best friend set us up on a blind date and 2 years later we got married. I have 2 daughters and 8 biological grandkids, but I get the name gmas because I tend to adopt anyone that needs some nuturing. I work in a sign shop, that my husband and I own. We live in a very old house ( 60 years old ) on 5 acres just a mile from town. Because my grandson that lives with us ( he is 20 ) is allergic to rabbits and bothers his athsma we only have one rabbit. Derby is a 10 month old neutered male french lop. He is 10 pounds 9 ounces approximately as of the last vet visit. He loves his greens, hay and pellets so probably is a bit more. Derby loves to be pet but on his terms, he doesn't like to be held. He is getting better. Last night I left him unsupervised in the bedroom ( he has free run of the house ) for 10 minutes. He ripped a huge hole in the rug I put on the chair and left a baseball sized bunch of fluff from it. Spent the morning going around to see if I could find a rug that had a closer nap that he couldn't do that too. Oh well, better a rug than the chair.

Nice to meet you and glad you introduced yourself. It is wonderful that you are a peer counselor and I'm sure you can use your life experiences to help there. It sounds like you have a supportive boyfriend and it's so great you have a relationship with your dad now.
I will be 35 in January. Im married to my husband who I've been with for 18 years. (married 8, together 18) We have one son, Lenox, who will be 4 in november. I'm a stay at home mom to my son and my bunnies. Which I feel so lucky to be able to do. It was a little sad to quit my job of 12 years but I have no regrets and now dread going back to work. I'm a tad bit old fashioned in the sense that I love to take care of my house and my family, I do all the cleaning, cooking, laundry, household chores. But I love it!
I'm also an avid reader. Not Harry potter, but I understand now books can be such a big part of your life. I remember starting to read Beverly Cleary books when I was in, oh, second grade or so. I found a love for reading and sometimes would rather spend an evening alone curled up with a book than out with friends.
I got Agnes, my Lionhead and heart bunny back in April. And recently adopted Archie, a mini Rex buck who I'm currently bonding. I LOVE them both so much and no my husband has to put up with my obsession. My son, although he is only 3, is SO good with them. He loves them too. We have strict rules (ie he can't hold them, be alone in the same room as them, get them out by himself) and he follows the rules so good. It warms my heart to see him learn empathy and love for another living thing.
Hope to see more of you on this forum. I have found this to be a very enjoyable place :)

Hi! That sounds crazy, I'm going to be going into pre-vet next year and I'm so stressed about it. :expressionless Anyways, my name is Ashtin. I'm 17 (18 in 2 months, yay!/oh no!) and I have one rabbit, Teddy, soon to be two. I have a boyfriend of almost three years, and he's not as tolerant of my "animal obsession," whatever that means. :rollseyes But really, he's a good boyfriend, and although he may not UNDERSTAND why I love them so much, he does ACCEPT it. He's an animal person too, LOVES cats, LOVES dogs, just... not quite as much as I do. Which is fine, of course.

I LOVE reading, my favorite books are The Hunchback of Notre Dame (REALLY long, I read it unabridged, but it's still an AMAZING story), Alice in Wonderland, and Watership Down (which is actually what made me fall in love with rabbits in the first place.) I really liked Harry Potter too, I was obsessed for a while. :p

So Nice to meet everyone! My name is Kaley and I am 27. Love all the vet degree workers as I am doing the same. Just a little slower. My occupation currently is Army and that tends to bulldoze everything else out of the way but I love doing it. Omar is the man in my life and we've been married six years and together eight. He likes the animals but not as much as I do. We have no children and they tend to fill that void in my life. He too understands he is low on the totem pole and accepts it. I was gone for 25 days and while he got first hugs and kisses the rest of the night was loving and grooming on the 2 cats, 2 dogs, 3 rabbits and mouthy goffins cockatoo. When it was time for bed he says "oh it's my turn now?"I love that man. Thankfully he accepts the animals as they are very expensive to move all over the world. They all have more miles on them then most normal animals. They're pretty well rounded and dont mind driving in a car or flying on a plane. If you ever need help moving an animal just PM me. Have become quite the subject matter expert on it

Well, my name is Rachel. I have a 3 year old little girl named Audrina and a little boy on the way. I am 7 months pregnant. His name is William Elijah but we call him Liam. I have been married almost 2 years now. My husband's name is Nick. I am a stay at home mommy. I just recently rescued a female bun named Gracie after my sweet Olivia went to the Rainbow Bridge. I enjoy watching movies and also reading. We jut watched Snow White and the Huntsman last night. Great movie!

It's great to meet all of you, and thanks for sharing!! :)

gmas- I definitely am a busy woman! I would have said 'young woman' but somedays I feel twice my age- on top of everything else, I help take care of my disabled mother. Very draining stuff, but I love her and I'll do anything to make her happy. It's so great that you've been with your husband so long! You said you work in a sign shop- what does the entail?

agnesthelion- Your son sounds like an absolute joy :). I love his name too. I'm also happy to hear that you've been together so long!
Yes- books are amazing. I still deal with bouts of depression, and I often find solace in books. And I think I read a Beverly Cleary book once- I think it was about a mouse and a motorcycle?

littl3red- I'm glad your boyfriend accepts your love of rabbits, even though he doesn't understand it. And yes, pre- vet seems like it might be overwhelming, but hopefully worth it in the long run. Also, I haven't read Watership Down yet, but it's on my list! But Harry Potter will always be my favorite. I'm still obsessed! Actually my next tattoo will be Harry Potter related. Sounds drastic, but I owe those books for keeping me sane.

kmaben- I am completely awed that you are in the army! When I was younger, I wanted to become and nurse in for army- it had everything to do with seeing the movie pearl harbor. I eventually changed my mind. I don't think I would have been emotionally strong enough. Oh, and I know what you mean about pets filling the void when it comes to children. Kit and I don't have children, and I don't think we ever will have our own- not because we don't like children. We both had significant mental health issues growing up and don't want our children to have to go through that.

audrinasmommy88- First, congratulations to you and your husband! I bet your little girl is excited that she's going to be a big sister! Also, congrats on Gracie, and I'm sorry to hear about Olivia :(. Losing a bunny, or anyone, is never easy. I hope Gracie helps ease the sadness.
I recently saw Snow White and the Huntsmen. I thought it was great- the boyfriend, however, despises Kristen Stewart and therefore hate the movie.

Nancy McClelland- :wave:

Really, thanks everyone for replying! I wanted to reply to you all earlier, but I got anxious and didn't know what to say, lol. I know that sounds silly. But I got on here (at 6am, and on no sleep) and I did it. So, baby steps. :)

My daughter was very upset when she found out we were having a boy lol. She wanted a baby sister but she's okay with it. Three year olds are a tricky age. So independent and their personality really comes out. I agree with you about pets being a comfort. We also have 2 cats and a dog. Olivia was my baby. I got her from a friend of mine when she was a year old. He couldn't keep her anymore. I got her spayed and she was a diva. I had her for a little over a year. She had seizures and was an E. Cunicilli bunny. A month before she passed she dropped alot of weight and was eating and drinking excessively. We went to the vet and blood work showed her liver was failing. She ha a seizure on the way home and passed away in my arms. I was devastated. Then I heard about this rescue and I went and Gracie captured my heart and she came home with me. She has been a challenge but so worth it. She has finally come out of her shell and is so funny.

Hi! :)

I'm Paige and i'm 17. Hm. I have 3 bunnies, Oliver, Daisy, and Kara. I am a senior in high school and have been accepted to SUNY Canton for the pre-vet program. I want to be a small animal vet once I get there. I've only been with my boyfriend for a little over year but he completely understands me and my love for my bunnies; he shows buns and I got my first bun from a show as well as all my others. I went for therapy for OCD, depression, and anxiety issues from when I was 8 years old until now. I am actually a few days from being off my meds and I am done seeing the Psychiatrist but have one more appointment with my therapist. I live in a tiny little town in NY and I hate my highschool lol. I also love to read! :) I've never read Harry Potter but my sister (whos 30) says I should. I love to read just about anything but am not into nonfiction that much. My favorite music is country. :x I love to travel and am working on going to every state in the US. I'm doing good considering im only 17. Besides 3 rabbits I also have 17 cats (and two were babysitting, and no they all don't live inside, lots of strays who adopted us), 5 rats, 3 dogs, 3 fish, 2 Madagascar hissing cockroaches, and 1 chipmunk. :)

Nice to meet you! :D

We live in a small town of just 15,000 people, so running a sign shop here means you do just about everything. We do coroplast and board signs, electric ( the sign has lighting behind it), neon ( we sub the actual neon part out and just install), awnings - residental for the sunshade and commercial that has back lighting and lettering, silk screening ( pulling ink through a silk frame to make a large amount of the same sign, just a cheaper way of doing it, letter trucks and cars, and generally just about any other kinds of signs you see around you. Baby steps are a good thing.

Latest posts

Back