Hello I am new :) What breed?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Maegan

Reaction score
I got these two off of craigslist yesterday. Any idea what they could be or what they could be mixed with? Any way to tell age? They look like babies. I have been able to sex them by watching a video I saw here and they look like males. Will they fight when they get older? Sorry for all of the questions. Thanks!

https://www.flickr.com/photos/124607338@N04/with/14406864605/

They do look young, maybe 3 months old. I'm no expert on that so maybe some of the members who breed rabbits will answer as well. They probably will start to fight once they reach sexual maturity, which might be soon if my estimate is correct. You could take them to a vet who is experienced with rabbits to see when they'll be ready to be neutered and you might be able to bond them. I didn't have any luck with bonding my two male rabbits though. They do look like mixed breeds. You probably have to wait to see their adult size to have an idea of what kind of mix they are.

The white and orange one looks a bit like a dwarf. Not too sure about the white one. You may need to wait until they are a big older since some breeds can change a fair bit as they mature. Weight as an adult helps as well.
The look like they would be 2-3 months.
If you have sexed them correctly, there is a good chance they will fight as they mature. Even 2 females can fight. A male and female are apt to breed. It would be good to separate them, especially if you notice any issues, as you want to avoid fights. If you did want to keep them together, they both need to be neutered and then bonded once they are healed.

Sexing rabbits is a tough job, even experienced breeders get it wrong sometimes, so I'd take then to the vet to get sexed just to be sure. At puberty, two males will fight, two females will fight, and a male and a female will breed AND fight.

Your best bet is to take them to a good rabbit vet and have them fixed as soon as the vet is comfortable doing it. Then they have a good chance of staying friends.

I agree with the age estimates of 8-12 weeks. They look like a small-ish size rabbit, probably mixes. Anywhere from 2-5 pounds I would guess but it's hard to estimate given that their age is also unknown.

As has been previously said, if you do have two males, once they start to go through puberty (anywhere from 12-18 weeks) they will be inclined to fight. They need to be separated before they start fighting. You can them keep them separately, or if you would like to bond them, get them both neutered, wait 6 weeks for the hormones to dissipate and then start working on the bonding process :) Even if you do do that, not all rabbits are inclined to get along, so you have to be prepared that they might have to be kept separate anyway.

The broken orange has a little but of Netherlands dwarf in it for sure!!!!! Not sure of the other one

~Pumpkin and Kylie :)

If the white one had the ears of the orange one I'd recon it would be a pure nethie dwarf! I think they are defiantly a cross with a nethie they look like my Shida who is a pure nethie ImageUploadedByRabbit Forum1403360714.317072.jpg

Latest posts

Back