hello i am new and a bit lost here lol!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rianne23

Reaction score
i have 11 rabbits and live in suffolk, i am 23.please chat to me! i really dont know how to attach pics it says theyare too large?!!!

Hi there and welcome! :wave: :welcome1 :hello

11 rabbits, wow! Are you a breeder or are they just pets?

Cant wait to see some pics!:camera:group:

they are rescues! i only bred once by totalaccident as the owner said they were both does :Xso we endedup separating jess and 'trinity' thinking trinity was picking on jess,i checked again and yes we were :shock:at what we found! thena few days later jess was acting very strange with her bald tummygettin worse and worse i saw her making her bed ready and a man whothinks he knows 'everything there is to know' about rabbits told me itwas a phantom pregnancy! eneded up with a lovely present in her bed andi was so flattered she would only let me near her babies. it is a bitsad story to be honest as when i found the babies i was:shock:so shocked i called the ' i know everything' man, hecame over and said they still alive :colors:i thought....then i wentinside for my son or something as he was cryin and i cam back out and:shock:noooooooo one thing i DID know was rabbits hate theirbabies being touched "what are you doing i said" as he held the babysin his hand (1day old) he said "look they are ok" i said " put themback please NOW" as i looked at poor jessica who he had blocked out ofher bed so she couldnt protect them. i knew she was distraught, i feltterrible...she had trusted me and he done that to her.

i left her alone as i knew she was upset,needless to say the next morning she had ripped on of the babies topieces te poor little thing :(

Oh wow, what a terrible thing to have to gothrough. Shes lucky that she had you though to help her through this. Alot of rabbits are fine with people touching their babies as long asthey know and trust the person. In this case, Im sure she would havebeen fine with you handling them, but not this stranger.

So I take it you kept the babies?

Okay, I'm already in love with Merlin.He is really striking! What is his breed? I'venever seen a pointed wooly breed.

And that Casper is a doll, too. :inlove:

yes we did and she was fine with me touchingthem but i chose never to do it only when i had to but i tell u what itwas awful not being able to clean that section out properly!

i made her a special humungeous run!!!! just like the vet said so shewas able to get away from the babies more easily and have some 'metime' quite right too!

unfortunatly we lost one of the last 2 she started having a fit and ibought her in and supportd her with towels but she passed away. icouldnt let her go so we buried her :(

awwwwwwwwwwwwww thanku hunni, merlin is a lionhead i think!

casper is very cute but so yucky in summer when he sprays u!!!!!

he just had a hair cut today lol!

what breed is tilly though? she isnt going!!! i cant i just cant! she was my first one!

she is the one thst got us addicted

Tilly looks like a lop mix to me, but I'm not always right.

She's adorable, too. I love her coloring.

I thought Merlin was some sort of Angora, for sure! He's beautiful.

rianne23 wrote:
she got straight ears tho?!

Yeah, she's obviously part "uppy ear" rabbit, but something about her says "lop" to me.
Tilly3.jpg

Pam, or another breeder, will have a better guess.

Latest posts

Back