Hello! Hello! Hello!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Zurrz

Reaction score
I'm new to this website, and just wanted to stop and post a greeting!
I've read quite a few of the topics on here and the community seems stellar.

My name is Emma, I'm from Maine, and I have two rabbits.
Cid was my first, he's a male lionhead (though he's not that fluffy, an adorable mohawk and some extra butt tufts are the only indicators.) who I've had since he was eight weeks old. Raising my dear babbit was a great experience and I love him to pieces, but I doubt I'll ever get a baby again (aside from teenage years which I didn't enjoy :b).

Alex is my female, she's twice the size of Cid and is a real beauty. Her story is sad, but she's been much happier since I adopted her. Her age is unknown, as her previous family couldn't be bothered to surrender her and instead abandoned her on the side of the road. When I met her she was sad, and as the rabbit expert said to me "She's just done with being here, we can do a lot but we're not you." Luckily for me she was the one with the temperament that would have worked best with Cid, as he was obviously my first concern since getting a second was mostly for his benefit.

Even though she had to be taught how to be a house bunny (she didn't even know how to do the Bunny 500! She bumped into everything when she first started running) Aly is now very content being spoiled rotten, and she's been a perfect match for my little guy.

When I started bonding them there was grooming within the first few minutes and several weeks later there still isn't any issues. Here's a photo of their latest session:

178998_4648849222277_1273834593_n.jpg

Thanks! It's nice to be here, I quite like this forum.

What a lovely pair! I giggled when you said she was bumping into things during her first shot at the 500. My boy has been a house bun all his life and still runs into things, but he's just got four left feet. :p

So glad you were able to save a rescue bun and happy that their bonding seems to be going smoothly!

Thanks so much!

She was so funny, but it was also sad.
She's definitely got the run of the place now!
After her constant periscoping at me I finally picked her up and put her on my bed, now she seems to have realized her long legs aren't just for show and she jumps on EVERYTHING.
It's been so awesome to see her grow into her own and become the sassy animal I knew she was!

The first thing she did when I let her out of the carrier was lay behind Cid's cage. The rabbit tech at my local Humane Society still has me impressed, she couldn't have given me a better match for my Cid.

So happy I found her, and she seems to have forgiven me for taking so long.
I'm just easily distractible.

Off to bed with me now!
I'll post more pictures later, I'm sure my fellow rabbit lovers will appreciate them.
Sweet dreams!

Welcome to RO. His little tufts of fur are adorable! :)

What a lovely pair!

Hi & welcome, Emma, Cid & Aly!
What a wonderful bunny tale! So glad you were able to rescue Aly & give her such a great home! Hope Cid & Aly continue to build on that bunny bond! Will be looking for those pix & more bunny tales of your two buns!

Thank you everyone! :)
I really appreciate the warm welcome!
I'm starting up a blog, which already has quite a few Cid pictures!
It's up in the "Bunny Blog" section and is called "Beauty and the Beast".
After I get Alex's story up I'll get to talking about their antics.
They sure are a funny pair!

Welcome! I am new here too! I see you live in Maine, one of the states I always wanted to live in, I bet its beautiful. Your bunnies are beautiful and have a great story behind them!

Hello and welcome, it looks like you've got a bunny match made in heaven with your two.

Welcome on here...your buns are just so lovely and the pic is great. I´m a sucker for a happy ending so it´s so good to see the bonding going well and so heartwarming that you rescued Aly and she´s settling in so well, she´s a lucky girl. I saw your blog and will definitely go on there and read it in the next few days. I love reading about everybody´s buns, they are all so unique.

Latest posts

Back