Hello from Wisconsin

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Vickie

Reaction score
Hi! I'm Vickie and I have a great bunny named Maverick or Mavie :D We adopted him 2 years ago from a shelter and it was a rough few months but he is definately worth it all. He came from a home where he was neglected & pretty much caged all the time then when he was given to a shelter he was there for a couple of years before we found him. He had much socializing to learn and we also had much to learn as well and it has been so rewarding to seen him blossom! He is 6 years old now and we will definately be looking in to getting another one down the road! I look forward to hearing getting to know all of you & about those great bunny stories!

Welcome to the forum! There are a bunch of other Cheeseheads here. I'm always happy to hear a good adoption tale. I have several adopted buns and two failed fosters myself, and I used to volunteer before my daughter was born last year.

I hope the weather is ok by you! I'm right by the lake and I swear it's pouring ice out there.

I have volunteer at the wild life shelter with my daughter its very interesting! That is how I heard about the rabbits in the humane society & was really surprised how many there are in there. We always wander over there to check them out if only I had more room I would definately take more in.

Its pouring here but no ice...suppose to be snow mixture tomorrow what a way to start the spring season ha!

Welcome :) Happy for you, and your lil mavie!
snow and ice over here howeve,r since its on topic @_@ come on spring stop syking us out

Hi! I am also from Wisconsin and I volunteer at the Humane Society. Can I ask, how long ago did you adopt Maverick? Was it from the main shelter? I just wonder if I knew him when he was at the shelter.

We adopted him in July 2008 & yes he was at the main shelter. Were you volunteering then? 1 of the ladies there said he was 1 of the favorites of hers although he was quite a handful :biggrin2:

He looks like a real cutie! I don't volunteer with rabbits at the main shelter, so I don't know him. I always have wanted a Rex though! I help out at the adoption center in a pet supply store. I had barely started volunteering then as well.

Yes, I think he is a cutie & quite the character once he was socialized more. We volunteer at the wild life center right behind the main shelter so wander over & look at the rabbits when we are out there.

Let me welcome you to Rabbits Online, my name is Dave and I am a moderator on the forum. So if I can be of any help please let me know. This is a terrific website for rabbits and their slaves, not only is it very active but also friendly. I am so glad you’re here and I know you will enjoy it.

Many bunny's recommend their slaves to this site so we may learn of others methods to keeping our furry masters happy.

If you everhave a sick bunny, please post in The Infirmary and include your rabbit's age, breed and health history as well diet and output details leading up to the problem.

I have listed some links I thought you might find interesting:

*For reference the Library section

*To brag or tell everyone about the antics of your bunny or just to talk about your day here is where to start a Bunny Blog, you can also look back at it later and remember when you had a life before your bunny.

*Now all the bunny’s like talk to each other when we mere slaves aren’t around in the Bunny Chat is the spot to be.

*Rabbits Online also has regional forums , this a good way to find a vet in your area that has experience with rabbits and to find out from other nearby of good sources of rabbit supplies.

The Let Your Hare Down section is for anything non-bunny related.

Here is a link tothat will help you and your bunny to connect, How To Bond With Your Bunny.

Now every forum has rules and ours can be found with this link Rabbits Online Forum Rules. This gives guidelines on what is acceptable, what is not and how we hope everyone will treat each other.

Everyone on this forum loves to see pictures of each other’s bunnies. So if you would like to post a picture this link will help you do that, Upload Photo's to Photo Gallery. Then in the post, you click on the "G" in the tool bar to insert your photo. Many people also use Photobucket. You just copy the img file and paste it into the post.

I am glad you have joined rabbits online and I look forward to seeing you around.

Latest posts

Back