Hello from the Windy City!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rumy91989

Reaction score
Hello all!

I'm fairly new to rabbit ownership, but I recently moved in with a few rabbit enthusiasts who have owned rabbits on and off their entire lives. I live with my boyfriend, his twin brother, and his brother's fiance. Both of us gals are in grad school while the boys work full time and do school part time.

When I moved in our brood of animals became somewhat of a joke to our friends, though we're managing quite well. :) I have owned rats for the past six years and currently have six females (though three are almost three years old and might not be around much longer) as well as an 8 year old female cat. My boyfriend owned two year old male cats and one four month old male bunny. His brother and his brother's fiance owned one female rabbit and a male guinea pig. (The female rabbit and cats are all fixed).

We're currently in the process of rescuing another young male bunny from a truly awful situation, so the house will be even fuller!

Even though we're all working towards advanced degrees, the pets really are our lives. We have a good schedule down to make sure everyone gets lots of play time, proper diets, and plenty of attention (the rats come out during "wind down" time in our room for 2ish hours a day, more on weekends, the bunnies are out whenever anyone's home for an average of 4-8 hours a day during the week and 12-15 on weekends, the cats know how to ask for attention and that they'll certainly get it, and the guinea pig gets his own cuddle and play time at night with my roommates).

Anyway, I had never owned rabbits until about two months ago and I have to say they are fantastic! Our two--Puff and Tiger--are hilarious and sweet and just incredibly adorable. I'm having trouble posting pictures of them in here, though. :( If you can see my avatar, Puff is the Dutch gal and Tiger is the wee little dwarf.

Looking forward to learning more and getting to know you all!

Welcome to RO!!! You sound like you have a full house and lots of animals to love :)

If you go to manage attachments at the bottom of the reply box, you can add pictures from your computer files.

Latest posts

Back