Hello from Spur in Calgary

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CaptainKitty

Reaction score
Hey there! I'd like to introduce Spur, she came to me August 28th 2007. She is a spayed English Spot x Mini Lop.

DSCF0320.jpg

Spur loves to chew bark, leaves, branches and RUBBER. She especially loves the buttons on remote controls!
Sometimes she'll nibble the soles of shoes, handles of suitcases, occassionally thin wires (as long as they have a nice soft rubber coating) and of course PAPER. Books and reciepts being her preferred chew toys.

She lives in an indoor hutch without a lid (she played houdini after 3 days and now has a cardboard makeshift roof) I built for her to replace the typical "starter kit" cage. Now she has a 4'x3' house which I'll likely post about at some point.

She is roughly 1' long when flopped, with beautiful English Spot markings and a thick Mini-Lop brow, although it took her 3 months for both her ears to flop she's adorable!

She's shy at times, but once you get to know her she really opens up. She poses as a submissive when it comes to physical contact, she adores being petted, but when she gets bored she'll stomp her feet and jump off for some laps.
She loves to explore and sniff, and she'salso a big licker!

Her favorite treats are: broccoli, banana, ANY type of leafy greens, tomatoe vines, dead leaves, and (discovered by accident) twizzlers pull'n'peel.

She likes to toss her baby keys around and re-arrange her home (constantly).
She plays tag, stop-go, hide (aka hide and seek), sprint, and cirlces around my feet.

The only trick she knows is "up" and will only do it if she hasn't lost intrest in you ;)

She also enjoys camping and road trips.

DSCF0323.jpg

Spur cuddling up to a toilet paper roll underneath a suitcase on a long road trip

Spur+(5).JPG

Lovely Spur, so sweet and innocent!

I know one other person who owns a rabbit but she might give him up because he's a "full" buck and hitting adolesence I think she's a little overwhelmed, maybe I'll adopt him he he he...

Anyhow, anyone that would be interested in a playdate let me know, spur is pet-friendly she's been to pet stores and visited different animals including rabbits, chinchillas and guinea pigs.
She grew up with degus and dogs.
Also kid friendly.

:wave:and welcome from me and my buns. what a beautiful bunny you have! i know what you mean about remote control buttons:rollseyes roxy also hates one of my workbaskets - have given up repairing the handle!

:helloand :welcome1to RabbitsOnline. I am glad you found the site. RO is a very active, friendly and helpful website devoted to rabbits and their slaves. Spur is a beautiful bunny.

Here are some good links to areas of the site you might find interesting, the Library section, full of good reference info, Bunny Blog, where you can keep everyone up to date on your bunny and your life as a bunny slave and if you bunny would like to ask questions of other buns the Bunny Chat is the spot to be. The regional forum is a good way to find a rabbit savvy vet or to post places where you get some of your supplies for your bun etc. For the lighter side and to give you a chuckle or two stop by the go to the Let Your Hare Down section for anything but bunny's.

You don't have to say what city your in but if you could update your profile with an areayour in, may be likeNorth west Ohio etc, that would help others provide you with info that may help you and your bunny.

I hope I didn't overwhelm you with info. This is a wonderful site and I look forward to seeing pictures of your bun and stories about Spur.

Dave

Latest posts

Back