Hello from South Carolina

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tori

Reaction score
Hello all. I had two Mini Rexes that I got quite some years ago but I don't have any right now. I will admit thatI got them when I was younger and it was on a whim, I had actually gone for a Guinea Pig, from a local pet store. I did learn as I went though and fed them veggies and litter trained them. I got a lot of my information from the HRS. I am thinking about getting another but not for a while, and I want to learn all that I can and do it right this time! I had absolutely fell in love with my minis and thought that's the breed I always wanted to have, but now I see soo many others after being on here! Is there somewhere I can gothat not only gives descriptions of the breeds' appearance but also of their temperments?

Thank you so much for taking the time to read all of this!

:wave:and welcome. i have two standard otter rexes - buns with bunitude imho. check out the library section of the forum, theres loads of info on the different breeds with cute photos.:D

Heya neighbor - Welcome to RO forums - you will LOVE it here - great people and more info than you could absorb in a life-time (although I try, lol).
I live in th Lexington area of SC...we are the proud slaves of 9 Holland Lops (2 adults, 1 juvenile and 6 baby buns, 2 will be adopted out after the 19th).
I've had chinchilla rex (she was an impulse buy also when I was 16yr.old but had her for 6 yrs and was a great bun) a ND male (he was my oldest daughters) and now the Holland Lops - they are great bunnys, and very affectionate and calm (well, except for being picked-up, then they protest a bit).
Enjoy the forums - and yes, I'm adopting out my bunnys when they're old enough .
(even though I wanna keep them all:nerves1)
The dad has been fixed so hopefully this is our last litter.

Thank you :)

Donna- Thanks for sending me to the library section. There is soo much information to absorb there! The only thing about the different breeds is that not everyone has information about their temperments. That's what I guess I am mainly interested in as I want to make sure I at least get matched with a breed that will go well with me, even though each individual has their own personality.

Anne- I have taken a looksie at your babies and they are just precious! I'm sure you will find great homes for them.

Thank you again guys! There is soo much great information here and I can't wait to dive in!

I know certain breeds are supposed to have specific traits in regards to their temperament..i.e. heard/read Netherland Dwarfs were more nippy & feisty, than say, Holland Lops, which have been known for being calmer and more, umm, comical
(in both cases, I'd have to agree with this, although keep in mind I've only had 1 ND for 3yrs. and 2 HL adults for 1yr. and their babies) - my Chinchilla Rex was very laid back and good natured.(they seemed to follow the description of temperament pretty close with this web-site):

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_rabbit_breeds#Rex

'course, that's just a generalization..there will always be one or two that break the mold.

Maybe post in the forums stating what kind of temperament you're looking for and try get a good picture of the certain breeds by what their owners can report.

Wish I could be of more help, but I'm sure you'll find that special bunny:)

Thank you all for the wonderful welcome! And I will definitely update and show off my new bun whenever I get him or her! I'm already roping my boyfriend into helping me build a NIC enclosure and get prepared :biggrin2: But he's excited too and we're both learning a lot!

ooh Tori, where did you get your NIC cubes?
I didn't see any locally here at Target or Wal-Mart...my next stop is at Sears (hoping they have them)

:panic: Oh no! I haven't gotten them yet, I've just shown him pictures of some to get him interested and then we were going to go get them. And that's where I was going to look! I also read that some K-Marts and Sam's carry them so maybe we'll have luck there? It also said seasonally though, so maybe some stores only carry them at back-to-school time or something. If either of us finds some we'll have to let each other know!

Yep - will do - going to try to rope the hubby in to taking me to Sears this week-end (he outta be thrilled, dontcha know, lol)- he hates shopping, but he doesn't mind so much if it's hardware & stuff:party:

Tori, welcome to the forum!

I should have been right on welcoming you told me you had joined but I've been distracted.

I'm so glad you made it over! :)

Latest posts

Back