Hello from Silicon Valley!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hamsterfeet

Reaction score
Hello everyone I'm Jess and I live in Northern California.

I'm the slave for 2 rabbits:

Remi, my bratty princess bunny (her royal name is Queen Remigia Dakota Brant Duchess of oats and royal bunny of the most noble rabbits of the rexes). She is a mini rex, female rabbit. She is almost 2 Years old.
And Ringo, a very sweet and calm bunny (Remi's arch nemesis ):biggrin2:. He is a rescue. We had him for about 5 months now as a companion bunny for Remi, needless to say, they didn't get along; we love them both nonetheless.

Remi suffers from a genetic predisposition to GI stasis, so I have to be very alert (or paranoid) of any type of behavioral change. She has had about 7 GI stasis in the last 1.5 years. We almost lost her on the last one, that happened a little over 2 weeks ago, so is very stressful for me since I love her so much. :cry1:I've been lurking this and others forums for advice and just for fun:biggrin2:, so I finally decided to join this wonderful forum.

Thank you, you guys are awesome

Welcome to RO!!
Sorry to hear about Remi and the stasis. As long as you keep your eye on his behavior every day, that will help.
Whenever Dilly (our bun) is molting we keep an extra close eye on her too.\
My wife is from Northern Cali too, the Modesto area.

My husband says I'm a little too paranoid about Remi's behavior, but after so many stasis crisis I think most bunny owners would be:nerves1

It's nice to hear there are some NorCal bunny owners

:hello
:bunnydance::bunnyheart:bunnydance:
Welcome! Glad you decided to join this site! You'll find great information and support here. Sorry your bunny has a problem with stasis. I think every rabbit owner is a bit "paranoid" (I would say watchful;) about stasis...You are not alone!!!

I absolutely LOVE your bunny names!

My nerves kick into overdrive when I have a sick bun. Stasis is scary. I wish Remi all the best. Keep talking to Remi & Ringo about being buddy's. Hopefully they will change their mind one day.

Stasis is a scary thing. Even when Remi is in a strict diet, she still gets it. The last time was the worst, she was in and out of stasis pretty much every other day for about a week. She had to stay at the vet's for 4 days. It was just terrible.

Remi and Ringo are "friends", as long as Ringo is in his cage and Remi is looking down on him while she runs around. Now when Ringo is running around the house, they become enemies lol. Then Remi comes back and reminds him that our house is her territory and he shouldn't get too comfortable (pooping around his cage), then Ringo gets upset and tries to bite her. The next day, the cycle repeats. Bunnies are such funny creatures

This is Queen Remi

photo.jpg

This is Ringo

ringo.jpg

Oh My Goodness they are Gorgeous.

Too bad they won't bond, to me their is nothing better then seeing 2 bunnies bonded and in Love. I have a bonded pair and a sinlgle bunny at the moment.

Looking forward to more stories and lots of pictures of your two Beauties.

Susan:)

Thank you!! *Proud bunny mom*:biggrin:

We think Remi is very photogenic, it almost seems like she is posing like a model whenever we are taking a picture of her. Ringo, on the other hand, is very goofy so his pictures are very goofy and funny .

Latest posts

Back