hello from NC

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bun Bun

Reaction score
My name is Rhayden I live near Charlotte NC, right now I am trying to see how much a german gaint would be to be sent to me there is a guy in CT that breed this big rabbits I am hoping to get a male in time a female and to build a large cage or maybe a house rabbit.

All my bunnies are to be outside they are fed pellet mosting have hay and a block of wood to chew on or the chew on their cage. Al is untreated wood. I have bred for nearly 10 years or more In have had many rabbits through the year I breed twice a year.

I have had spme bunnies that were born deformed I tried to get them to live but this is hard had one that had a big head I think it had water on the brain the head was bigger the the body I cared for it till it died the head was going down but it died had a few that had wee ones very tiny ones but they died to we gave them a chance.

I have avast knowledge of anima care and my husband calls me Dr. Dolittle for all the knowledge I have as to feeding and caring for animals in shock or hurt or having to dress wounds or anything I am versed in dogs mostly but I can tall you anything you need to know if the animal is hurt or in shock it doesn't matter what the animal is if that is the case.

I have chickens dogs and cats In have had goats pigs rats (domestic and some in the backyard that were not domestic ok trying to be funny) mice gerabils hamsters giunea pigs I have one giunea hen at this time just got her, I have raise a baby squirrel and have had coutless wild animals the only wild animal I don't care for is wild birds I take them to someone that knows what to do for them they always die on me.

I have birthed dogs and cats and almost a goat but it was still born.

I am married but sadly no kids my son and father died in a fire april 2, of this year yeah this april isn't that a bummer so now I don't have a kid.

I have been married for nearly 14 years. don't know what else to say

Don't feel bad of my son and father they are ok and not suffering and they are together with my mother and my husband mother and father and all the animals of the world is following my son around like the piped pipper.

Rhayden

Welcome! Glad to meet another local member! I'm located in Rock Hill, South Carolina, just 30 minutes south of Charlotte.

We raise Mini Rex's, a dwarf breed. We actually have babies up for adoption right now, so if you change your mind about having giant rabbits and want some cute more compact rabbits, just let me know. :)

Once again, welcome!

Just covering for Wabbitdad12 while he is busy :) This is what he usually writes!

There is lots to learn here, and I'm sure you have plenty to teach us as well. :)

Welcome!

I would like to welcome you to Rabbits Online, my name is Dave and I am a moderator on the forum. So if I can be of any help please let me know. This is a terrific website for rabbits and their slaves, not only is it very active but also friendly. I am so glad you’re here and I know you will enjoy it.

Many bunnies’ recommend their slaves to this site so we may learn of others methods to keeping our furry masters happy.

If you everhave a sick bunny, please post in The Infirmary and include your rabbit's age, breed and health history as well diet and output details leading up to the problem.

Here are somelinks I thought you might find interesting:

*For reference the Library section

*To brag or tell everyone about the antics of your bunny or just to talk about your day here is where to start a Bunny Blog, you can also look back at it later and remember when you had a life before your bunny.

*Now all the bunny’s like talk to each other when we mere slaves aren’t around in the Bunny Chat is the spot to be.

*The House Rabbit Society has a lot of good information on what veggies are safe for bunny’s, etc.

*Here is a link to learn what your furry master is trying to say to you How to Understand Your Bunny's Language

*Rabbits Online also has regional forums , this a good way to find a vet in your area that has experience with rabbits and to find out from other nearby of good sources of rabbit supplies.

The Let Your Hare Down section is for anything non-bunny related.

Here is a link tothat will help you and your bunny to connect, How to Bond with Your Bunny.

Now every forum has rules and ours can be found with this link Rabbits Online Forum Rules. This gives guidelines on what is acceptable, what is not and how we hope everyone will treat each other.

Everyone on this forum loves to see pictures of each other’s bunnies. So if you would like to post a picture this link will help you do that, Upload Photo's to Photo Gallery. Then in the post, you click on the "G" in the tool bar to insert your photo. Many people also use Photobucket. You just copy the img file and paste it into the post.

Don’t hesitate to ask questions and I am glad you have joined Rabbits Online; I look forward to seeing you around!

The avatar is a chinchilla Flemish Giant I think or just a gray flamish.THis one had knocked her head and I just had got her. She was Pregnant which I didn't know and she lost all the babies. When I found her she was on her side and looked to be dying but she then once I saw her and she was breathing I thought she was paralyzed she was not able to eat or drink on her own and could not find the food she had been pulled inside so I could care for her.
What you see is a child's play pen and she had one of my blankets in for comfort I change the blanket 2 or 3 times a day I use two and would exchange them as I washed them I started out with soft food since I didn't know how much she still knew if she would eat or not and being it wet I could get in on her and she would lick it off if she could not do this I would have to feed her with a eye dropper but she ate on her own the poop was very runny because of how the food was there was nothing in it no blood or anything out of the normal.
I had her inside for 3 months in this time the feed got less and less moist and she was eating pellets again.
She started out with not being able to do much but in the 3 months she was able to right herself and walk pretty good. In the time I was caring for her I was asked to care for a kitten which I am not sure as to how this kitten needed to be feed but I regret I turned it down the rabbit was 3 times a day feeding she couldn't loose any weight she didn't but I didn't have time for the kitten. SO she got better not perfect but it was time to see if she could fine her food and water in the cage if she couldn't then she was to be dispatched.
She did and I had her for another year and some one day I took her out to see how she was fairing but before I got her out of the cage she did a tumble sault and feel over on her side so she was as far as she could go. I tried to breed her all through this but she was not breeding she didn't have the drive any more so I had to despatch her It was hard but it is not fair to keep a animal alive because you want them. If my bunnies can't breed then they are to be dispatched and get a another one.
We opened up her head and saw this white stuff the brain is white yes but you could tell the difference from normal brain matter and the dead part they were many patches of this white stuff she was not going to get any better and this is as far as she could go.

Her name was GREY HAUSENPFEFUER.

Rhayden

She did and I had her for another year and some one day I took her out to see how she was fairing but before I got her out of the cage she did a tumble sault and feel over on her side so she was as far as she could go. I tried to breed her all through this but she was not breeding she didn't have the drive any more so I had to despatch her It was hard but it is not fair to keep a animal alive because you want them. If my bunnies can't breed then they are to be dispatched and get a another one.
We opened up her head and saw this white stuff the brain is white yes but you could tell the difference from normal brain matter and the dead part they were many patches of this white stuff she was not going to get any better and this is as far as she could go.

I'm going to go out on a limb and say that you should have left this out.

She was an injured rabbit that you tried to breed? Then when she wouldn't get pregnant, you continued to breed her and then you culled her because you couldn't breed this injured rabbit? Thats horrible. I'm actually a little shocked.

I am also shocked. I breed and show tan rabbits. I would never try to breed an animal that had a head injury and could obviously not take care of a litter let alone her self. . .

Latest posts

Back