Hello from Lincoln

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

catswhiskas

Reaction score
Hello.... my name is Charlotte, I am a proud bunny owner. I first started keeping rabbits 3 years ago. I took on an elderly rabbit who I had the pleasure of for 18 months.... until he passed from an abscess. :(I then fostered and took on rescues. Unfortunately 2 weeks ago I lost 2 of my 5 bunnies to Myxi. I now have a bonded pair of outdoor bunnies Lily (the evil kick ass rabbit) and her husbun Sandy, and a lonely bunny who lost her 2 friends to Myxi.... Princess Caramel Shortcake II (Caramel for short). Sandy and Caramel were buns donated to me by owners who could no longer care for them and Lily was a bunny I got on xmas eve last year.

To combat Caramel's loneliness, she has now become a house rabbit. My faith in my ability to be a good bunny mum has disappeared, so I have decided not to get anymore buns. However I adore them and will always love buns.

I also have 4 cats, 2 Guinea Pigs and a gigantic horse! So that is me! Hello!

Hi there Charlotte and welcome to the forum!:D

I'm sorry you lost two of your buns. Binkie free babies:(.

If you feel you have lost faith in your abilities as a bunny mom, you've found a great place. You'll learn so much here:). It's easy to get down on yourself after losing a bun. Don't be hard on yourself, it wasn't your fault. Actually, it's been a terrible month for bunnies here, as we've lost so many. It's been very hard on us, but we hope our luck is changing tomore positive:?.

Take care and enjoy the forum!;)

Hey there Charlotte, I recognise you from another bunny forum me thinks!;):D

Welcome to RO - and don't you dare let yourself think you are a bad bunny mum, I know it's hard but you did everything you could for your babies, sometimes they just have to leave us.:tears2::hug2:

Hello Charlotte :D

Pleased to meet you and find out a bit about your house bun too and Lily and Sandy:pink iris::bunnydance:

I am so looking forward to pics, and if possible, maybe we could see your giant horse too! hehe...love horses but I have 2 cats, 2 chickens and 2 rabbits :inlove:

My buns are BK and Jazz.
Bk is a year old blue minilop and Jazz is his new girlfriend and she is 6 months old now, they bonded instantly which was very good for me too because I also have a 7month old baby and 2 older children!! So my house is FULL...no vacancies here , although I am about to become a foster bun Mum so the full sign keeps falling down....lol

Anyway welcome and have a ball!!:pinkelepht:

Welcome Charlotte!

You will love it here :)

Dont you dare think of yourslef as a bad bunny mom :disgust: :wink:

I dont know much about vaccinating in the UK, but since alot of yours have caught myxi, are they vaccinated?

Oh thanks for the lovely welcome, this ertainly seems like a very friendly forum... Yeah you may recognice me from another one too, but that one scares me a bit! Was looking for somewhere friendly!

My buns are jabbed now,they weren't, which was a conscious desicion I made as I was terrified about side effects (and a friends rabbit died from the vaccine). I was very naive as I thought living inner city we would be ok however it was not the case. Therefore my faith in myself and my decision making is gone.... will post pics of the brood very shortly! xxxxxxxxx

Thanks again for a lovelywelcome xxxxxx :biggrin2:

Welcome!

I'm not sure which bunny is in your avatar, but holy crap it's ADORABLE!!!

You shouldn't let something like that shake you. Alot of the times smaller animals (buns, guinea pigs, even cats) hide their illnesses, and we often don't find out until it's too late/almost too late to do anything. I hope you'll get to the point one day where you can get another. But in the meantime, enjoy being here. I know I do!

Leah :D

Welcome, Charlotte. So glad you joined us here at RO. This is a great place to learn a lot and make some awesome friends from around the world.

So sorry about your loss. I do know that the myxi epidemic among wild rabbits in the UK has been horrible. Please don't doubt your judgement or ability to be a good bunny mom. You did what seemed right and logical at the time. You can only make decisions based on the information you have...and I can totally understand your fear of the vaccine if you know someone who's bun died from it.

A few years ago we lost a bun to pasteurella...and I KNOW NOW that I could have done more to make his last days more pleasant. But then...well...I was doing the best I knew (and I was pretty ignorant). I still feel badly that he passed as he did...no doubt in discomfort. But I have gotten past blaming myself. Instead I am grateful that Stewart came into our home and lives...and that he taught me so much about rabbit care. He's my inspiration for continuing to learn more and to be a help to other rabbit lovers however I can.

I look forward to learning more about you. Hope you'll start a blog soon and share pics.

-Mary Ellen

*Waves to Charlotte*

Welcome! Hmmmm not to discourage you but we'll shape you up and you'll have bunnies by the dozen once we're done with ya ;)*Giggles* Ok, maaaaaybe not, but we sure look forward to knowing you better and helping where we can :rose:

Welcome to RO Charlotte!

I'm am so sorry you lost them to Myxi, binky free little ones :rainbow:,it's horrible, but it is not your fault, so many are getting it right now, even the vaccine doesn't stop it any more. :(

I think I know the other forum you're talking about, I agree, it's scary. This place is a lot friendlier. ;)

Please don't lose faith in your rabbit-slave ability, I just lost a bun a week and a half ago and feel the same, but you seem like a great carer to them. :hug:

~~~~~~
~Michaela and bunnies (Ebony and Madison)~

You guys rock! The bunny in my pic is Princess Caramel Shortcake II who came to me a few years ago. She was widowed by the myxi outbreak and is now enjoying being a housebun... she is momma's girl xxxxx

Latest posts

Back