Hello from Kentucky!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

glittermomma

Reaction score
Hello everyone!
I'm a new bunmom, I just rescued Vinny a mini rex bunny from a lady who was just going to release him out in the woods. We also have two lionhead bunnies Rocky & Delilah that we just adopted, they are a little over a month. Vinny has not been handled much in his life and was loving to bite from what his previous owner said. So we made a fake hand and have been working with him. We only have had our buns since last wed and so far Vinny has made so much progress. He still nips here and there but does not full on attack the fake hand. As soon as he sees it he know put his head down and waits to be petted. Rocky & Delilah love being handled, lots of kisses and snuggles. I just cannot wait to be able to do that with Vinny. As cheesy as it might sound.. we had a talk and I told him point blank.. listen up.. your home.. I'm not giving up on you and we love you. And since that day he has stopped rushing in attack mode. We are a first time bunfamily we have had other animals (hamsters, guinea, mice, etc ) and have two dogs so we keep our buns in some nice sized cages but take them out regularly for exercise cuddle time. Glad to be here :)

bunnylove1.jpg

Last edited:
All are so cute. It takes time, but worth it. Our little brown Mini Rex Bambi isn't a biter but she was never handled and VERY shy when she first came to us. Now she comes when called and will let us rub her all over. Time and patience.

Ahh that's the best! I love it when my Mr. Bunnerson binkies!

Welcome! It sounds like your bunnies found a good home. Good for you for rescuing Vinny.

Latest posts

Back