Hello from Kansas!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

camilleeb

Reaction score
My rabbit's name is Poppy. She is a silver marten and I think she is around 6 months old, I've had her around 2 months. She is a rescue rabbit that my boyfriend and I found hopping around outside my apartment while I was moving. I brought her home with me, planning on sending her to a shelter, but by the time I found one that could take her I couldn't let her go. The House Rabbit Society in my area helped me get set up, and she has been with me ever since!

She is EXTREMELY outgoing (she hopped right up to us out of the blue the day we found her, we were quiet surprised by the little black rabbit at our feet). She is full of energy, but very sweet when she calms down enough to let you pet her. She doesn't climb into my lap to to be pet yet, but I'm hoping to train her to do so (I'm working on clicker training).

I'm a brand new rabbit owner, and would love any advice I can get!
Thanks for taking the time to read!

Small Poppy.jpg

Hi and welcome to RO! She is a very pretty bun and sounds like she was just meant to be with you. Not often a bunny walks up to a human.

Sounds just like our little girl Bonny. I'd just got home from the vet for a well check on a new rescue, Bambi. When I pulled up, the was a little black rabbit on our front lawn and she came right over when I called her and let me pick her up--so, it was off to the vet again. I told everyone that we didn't have to look for bunnies, they looked for us. Think she may be a Black Otter and not a Silver Marten--the patch behind her ears looks to be somewhere between tan and orange. Anyway, look for coloring here as all I can see is one pic while you can see the whole bunny, and she's a cutie--congrats.

Hello there, and welcome to the forum :) Poppy seems like a wonderful rabbit, she's certainly cute :)

Thanks everyone for the info and welcomes! She does have a tan patch. The people who helped me at the HRS told me a silver marten, but they didn't have much time to look at her. I also wondered about her weight, because most of the reading I've done say silver martens weigh up to 9 pounds and she is just under 4.

:hello & :welcome1
So glad Poppy found you! You seem like a great match! I think animals can sense things about people & Poppy evidently sensed you were the right person for her! She seems to have made a wonderful choice!

Rabbits are wonderful pets. They are a bit like potato chips, it is hard to have just one! They are quite additive! lol Wish you both the best!

Hi, Welcome to the Forum! I live in Wichita and have 4 bunnies.
Your Poppy is very pretty.

Latest posts

Back