hello from Italy

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

otto001

Reaction score
Hi to everybody!

I'm new to this forum and I'd like to introduce myself and my babies. I'm Serena, I live in Italy and have 2 rabbits: one little girl named Toffee, a lionhead that's 5 years old,and one boy named Valium, don't know the race but he's 2 years old.

I also share my life with 2 cats (a boy called Robin and a girl called Kyra) and a little sparrow we found 6 years ago fallen from his nest...

I was looking for some information regarding Valium's weeping eyes, and I found this forum I liked very much:biggrin2:

Sorry in advance for my english is not so good:p!!

Sere

Hey Sere,

Welcome to the forum :)

I had to laugh at the name Valium. They both sound very cute, I can't wait to see some pictures :D

Don't worry about your English, it's ace (and better than some of those of us who have it as a first language).

I love that you have a sparrow too. We have recently gained ourselves garden warbler under similar circumstances. I'm so impressed you've had yours for 6 years. I'm betting our Little Bud is not around with us that long, for one reason or another.

I look forward to seeing you around. Hopefully the Infirmary can give you some help with regards to Valium's eye.

Take care

Tracy

Hey Tracy,

thanks for your warm welcome :wave:

Valiumis called inthis way because of his temperament: he's always so quite he seems to be junkie :D, when he first came into our house hefell asleep right in the middle of the room, withus and thecats all going around... anyway, he's very dominant with other bunnies, and we managed more than a month to bond him with Toffee... now they're so in lovethat spend all the day licking each other, spreading around so much sweetness that we are submerged... her you have some pictures!!

2lly5ie.jpg

She is Toffee, a beautiful little lady, isn't she?

29vsx5.jpg

and here you have Valium, a sort of hoodlum face:ph34r2

65z5zn.jpg

r1lnc8.jpg

2afjxol.jpg

Kisses, kisses and kisses!!

Hope you don't mind, but I'll put photos also of my cats:blushan:

2e4gq4z.jpg

2gvq62c.jpg

Guess who's the lady??

and of my sparrow

ehauc2.jpg

she's a girl,we found her without any feather and we nursed her with some flour pap;it was hard and we didn't think we could do it, but as you can see she's still with us, and I hope will stay for manyyears! The birds areso little and seem so fragile, but indeed they're so strong and wilful :D; hope your Little Bud'll be as lucky as our Tuky (it's the sparrow name).

I already looked in the section Infirmary, and I found some comfort in seeing I'm not theonly one who has thisproblems (Valium has weeping eyes, started with only one but now he's crying both sides; we did headradiography, and we foundthat a tooth rootgrewvery nearthetear duct; it's only a little compression but itinduced an infection we're fighting withcolliriumand gel medication. Hope to go through soon, asit's near a month sinceit started...)

Sere

Aaaaaaaaaaaaw! Your bunnies are stunning! You're very right that Toffee is beautiful :D Of course, Valium is too (just in case hes looking at the screen :p )

Your cats are gorgeosu. Are they related? In that pic of guess which one is the lady, is it the one in the right?

Tuky is gorgeous too. Very lucky to have been found by such a caring person indeed.

I have a bun with tooth root issues and it is a trial. Have you had your guys tear ducts flushed? That made the world of difference to mine, and for the first time in 5 months his eye wasn't running (and hasn't run since, and that was about a month ago). It can definitely be comofrting to know that others are having the same struggles and that you don't have to go through it alone. I hope things improve for you and Valium soon.

:welcome1 Your bunnies are gorgeous! Your Cats are cute too, they looks like twins :) I use to have a bird too, so I love birds.

Welcome and Enjoy RO,:biggrin2: April

Flashy wrote:
Your cats are gorgeosu. Are they related? In that pic of guess which one is the lady, is it the one in the right?
Yes, the lady is the one on the right; I think her eyes are very ladish!! :biggrin2:They aren't related, butindeed they are so similar.
Kyra arrived in our lives two years ago (we already had Robin with us), and we let her enter in the kitchen because she was out of the window, watching in and meowing, and we thought it was Robin closed out... when we realized it was another cat, she already conquered our hearts with her purr:inlove:
I have a bun with tooth root issues and it is a trial. Have you had your guys tear ducts flushed? That made the world of difference to mine, and for the first time in 5 months his eye wasn't running (and hasn't run since, and that was about a month ago).
We didn't still flush the tear ducts, but the vet was thinking of doing it; we have to wait until next saturday for the visit, after the 20-days treatment with the collirium. Does the bunny need to be sedated for the flushing or is it an operation you can do easily when he's awake? I'm a little bit scared of sedation...
Thanks a lot to you all for the compliments and thesupport! :biggrin2:

Welcome to the forum! This is a great site, friendly people and very helpful. Your bunny's are beautiful! and those are great pictures too.

Back