Hello from Indiana

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Deapea

Reaction score
Hello! I just wanted to leave a small note here. I'm not a bunny owner yet. I got one for Easter when I was like 5. I had it for about a half hour. I let it outside with the dog, when my parents were out of the room, & it ran off, under the fence....I never seen it again. I remember it well, 30 years later.

Anyways, my daughter wants a rabbit, bad. We are making her wait a year. We are all going to do research to see which breed is best for us...and the best set up. It also gives us a year to save enough money to do it right...we want more than one. We also want them outside of the house...so it's going to cost more to have the perfect set up.

So, I will probably lurk & read for the most part...& ask questions.

Welcome glad to know you are doing research first! My preference is to have the bunny inside. I can spend more time loving on them when they are in my house and they are safer and protected from the Texas heat.

Let me welcome you to Rabbits Online, my name is Dave and I am a moderator on the forum. So if I can be of any help please let me know. This is a terrific website for rabbits and their slaves, not only is it very active but also friendly. I am so glad you’re here and I know you will enjoy it.

For reference the Library section

Here is a link tothat will help you and your bunny to connect, How To Bond With Your Bunny.

Now every forum has rules and ours can be found with this link Rabbits Online Forum Rules. This gives guidelines on what is acceptable, what is not and how we hope everyone will treat each other.

I am glad you have joined rabbits online and I look forward to seeing you around.

hi, i live in northwest indiana.

i recommend when the time comes to get a bunny that you check out the rabbit barn at your local fair. you can see a great variety of rabbits and talk to the breeders, and then if you decide to purchase one, you can get contact info from the breeder to help with any questions or problems you have. if you get one from a pet shop, they usually cant tell you much about the rabbit and even have trouble determining the sex, whereas a breeder can make sure you have the breed and the right sex you want.

i'm going to two fairs in the next month, lake county and porter county fairs. i'm into jersey woolies, and they're a little harder to find, so im hoping between the 2 fairs i'll find what i'm looking for, a nice female preferably in a broken color.

if you go to the fair this year, you can check out all the breeds, and it might give you a better idea of what would be a good breed for you and what you'll be looking for next year.

:biggrin:

Thanks for all the replies.. Here it is, 2014, and we still have not gotten our first bunny yet. We have discussed it off and on, and done research on various sites....talked to the folks at the county fair... All of this over the past three years. I told my daughter a while back that she had to research everything, with me. Even though I will be doing all the care for the bunny, she is going to be right along side of me. Well we have finally decided that it is time. She has made good grades all school year and we are finally at a place where we feel it is a good time to finally get with it and get our first bunny. When I look at rabbits online and read about them with my daughter, she seems to be the most interested in the lop breeds and the jersey woolies. We are also interested in the Angoras. I know that they require a lot of grooming, but I am up for that. I'm home all the time and I don't mind doing the work. I have a dog that requires a lot of maintenance in the grooming department, and I do it all, myself, with no difficulty. Anyways, just wanted to say hello again.

Latest posts

Back