Hello from Fredonia!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

linsssey

Reaction score
Hi everyone! My name is Linsey and I am from Fredonia NY. I go to school here in hopes to become a speech pathologist. I am a crazy animal lover and have a belgian Malinois mix that lives at school with me (and my roommate has a cat)

I am kind of new to the rabbit world. When I was younger I had a few outside rabbits, which were all mini-lops. I seem to have come to own a rabbit again completely by accident. I was visiting my parents when my dad came home with 6 rabbits. Apparently He and my younger brothers went to a livestock auction looking for a mule. As they were leaving, they found that someone had left a box of 6 rabbits next to the garbage. We are guessing that they hadn't sold at the auction and the seller no longer wanted them.

One of them made his way back to my apartment with me and I have had him for about 2 weeks. My roommate and I have named him Melvin. I have no idea how old he is, but I assume he is still quite young, possibly around 6 months. I am assuming he is a mini rex or possibly a mix. He has the short dense coat, and curly whiskers of one. He's a cutie and super friendly. :biggrin2:

thumb2_img_5868-6771.jpg

thumb2_img_1305-6769.jpg

thumb2_img_1560-6770.jpg

He's got wonderful coloring.

You should be forewarned about puberty, which could be coming soon. Once he's neutered, he should be good again.

Welcome to the forum! He is indeed a mini Rex and his color is called tri-color. He looks young though not sure how old he looks. Very cute

Thanks everyone! I'm glad I found this, Ive been reading the forums to learn more about having a house rabbit! They helped me a lot when I started litter training!

I love seeing all the pictures of everyone's bunnies!

What an unusual colour, he absolutely gorgeous. Welcome to RO and I´m sure you´ll find lots of useful info and helpful tips to guide you in these first months. We also look seeing pics of everyone buns so don´t be afraid to post loads of them, he´s adorable.

Thanks everyone! He is very unique. My mom has a 4H group and all the 4H bunny people were not sure what to call him or his brother. He also had a sister that we found too that was mostly white but unfortunately she passed away.

Melvin is doing very well and is very active and getting into trouble. He really likes to chase my dog around and try to chew the hair on her tail. My dog isn't too sure what to think but she has been very good with him. I think she likes the extra attention Melvin gives her. Of course they are never left alone together!

That is the coolest coloring on a bun I've seen. What a lucky bun! I love how your dog just goes with the flow and seems to take this new addition in stride. Melvin seems to think he's bigger than he is and might end up being the alpha pet of the group :wave:

Latest posts

Back