Hello From Florida

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi & welcome!
Please share a little about yourself & bunnies if you have one or more! lol If not, please feel free to ask any bunny questions, we try to provide answers if we can. Glad your friend suggested you come here!

Thanks. I am working on getting a picture up. My sons had bunnies in the past for FFA and 4-H and we had a ball with them. W e got out of the bunny business and got into steers. Havent had a bunny around in yrs. About 5 wks ago our dog brought home 3 baby cottontails. the were newborns, still looked like moles. 2 didn't make it. I still have one and he is 5 wks old. I did speak with a Vet hospital and they told me to keep doing what I was doing, but don't be disheartened if he doesn't make it. It's rare for wild bunnies to pull through no matter how great your care may be. I still plan on releasing into the wild but I keep wondering if it's to late to do that. Im trying to wean him and not sure how to go about doing it. He does eat grass, clover, other greens from our property. Not interested in Timothy hay or alfalfa. I need advice on weaning and if it's to late to release. He is in a pretty nice rabbit pen. Not afraid of our cats. I let him run on our screened in back porch and he followed me everywhere. Thanks in advance for your help. I have totally enjoyed working with this rabbit, so much I think rehabing animals may have been my calling.

Hey and welcome to the forum. Great to hear that the little guy made it to 5 weeks, that a huge acheivement. Best of luck as it continues.

Back