Hello from Central New York!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MikeScone

Mike - Camera Corner Mod
Reaction score
My name's Mike, and I share my home in Harford, New York, with a four-year-old opal Mini(?) Rex named "Scone MacBunny".

scone0009.jpg

I say "mini(?)" because Scone's 5.5 pounds, which is kind of big for a Mini-rex, but kind of small for a Rex, so who knows?

I see Scone's already been mentioned on the board (in "Disapproving Rabbits" introductory thread), which doesn't surprise me. He tends to get around quite a bit without me. Not only does he have two books written about him (by me)...
sconebook2765.jpg

sconebook06712.jpg

... but he's also appeared in the Borders "Pet Tails" book and in Sharon's "Disapproving Rabbits" (page 30). I think he's pretty photogenic, and he loves to pose for pictures...

scone0502.jpg

... or, at least, he tolerates me taking pictures of him.

Scone has a two-level condo in the living room, although he tends to think of the entire house as his warren. He sleeps under my bed at night, and wakes me up every morning just before the alarm goes off.
sconecage1715.jpg

As for me, I'm a patent attorney by profession. When I'm not spending time with Scone, I like to fly and take pictures (especially nature photography), and I'm a 35 year veteran leader with the Boy Scouts. I think I already know a number of the people on this board from the Lagomorph Lounge, where I've been active since '04.

Welcome to the forum, Mike and Scone :biggrin2:! We look forward to hearing more about you guys.

:)Amy

Welcome Scone (and Mike!)... what a handsome boy!

Hi Mike and Scone and welcome to the board. I bragged about knowing Scone and I do expect to get his pawtograph on my book at some point.

Ann

PS - Melody sends bunny kisses to Scone

Hey and welcome from my little crew Bo who is a Mini Rex, Tony who is a Palomino, and last but not least Clover who is a Cottontail that we rescued!

:clover:Lexi

Welcome Mike! Scone is adorable! I love mini-rex and ya know - he's probably a mini-rex since some of them have a bit more weight. If he's active and has a lot of muscle that can do it! Bo was 5 lbs the last vet visit but is probably about 4.5 now. He's been on a diet!

So are Scone's books available in bookstores?

Bo B Bunny wrote:
he's probably a mini-rex since some of them have a bit more weight.

So are Scone's books available in bookstores?
No, Scone's books aren't available in stores. I had them printed locally, and have sold 150 or so of them. I'd been selling them at $9.00 each, which includes postage and a donation to the LL Needy Bunny Fund.

Scone's not overweight, certainly. I ran into someone at the vet's who was certain he was a smallish standard rex because of the size of his ears. I don't know, really - he's just Scone.

Hey Mike! So glad to see you here. I'm a long time Scone fan! :party0002:

Scone's in great shape! He's such a handsome boy.

I have a mini-Rex, Dill, but he is definitely mini, he's smaller than my dwarf. Buthis sister, Sugar,is a maxi-Rex. ;)

Even though they're from the same litter, she's a BIG girl! (Betcha she'd love to meet Scone).

Anyhoo, pull up a chair, make yourself at home. :toastingbuns

sas :big kiss:

:wave:Hi Mike and Scone,

What a handsome boyScone is,but i'm sure he already know's that ;),and what a little star he is
goldstar.gif

Cheryl

what are the books about if you dont mind me asking?

They're children's books I wrote as Christmas presents in '04 and '05 for the son of a friend of mine, fairly simple with lots of pictures of Scone. If I can ever find the time, I'm hoping to finish the third book by this Christmas - it's tentatively titled, "I am Scone MacBunny", and it will be written by Scone himself, as told to me, of course.

The first one, "Where is Scone MacBunny?" introduces Scone and his life, and shows some pictures about his dreams... Snoopy's not the only one who thinks he's a WWI flying ace:

sconecamel.jpg

It winds up with a search for Scone (based on a time he hid from me in an interesting place).

sconebed5772-450.jpg

The second book "What is Scone MacBunny doing?" is a bit more complicated (the boy's a year older, after all), and uses a lot of pictures (mostly from the Lagomorph Lounge "Bunny of the Month" competitions) to ask (and answer) "what is Scone doing?"

For example, in this picture from the second book, what is Scone doing?
sconeletter0533.jpg

He's reading his fan mail from the first book, of course. (Yes, it's a real letter)

MikeScone wrote:
It winds up with a search for Scone (based on a time he hid from me in an interesting place).

sconebed5772-450.jpg
I have to LOL at this pic because my Tony just decided to get into my boxspring too! What is it with bunnies and wanting to hide in there? :p

Hi Mike! I'm so glad you and Scone are here. I don't post over there much, but I joined LL when RO was down for a while. I pop in once in a while to look at the pics, especially of Scone. He's such a poster bunny!

Hi and welcome!

I love your cage. Though my buns have run of the house, I would love to give them a cage like that! It doesn't look like one cage, but two put together. I am right???

fancybutterfly wr
I love your cage. Though my buns have run of the house, I would love to give them a cage like that! It doesn't look like one cage, but two put together. I am right???
It's kind of a cage-and-a-half. The bottom part is a Macchioro cage 1/2 by 1 meter (it's metric) the top part is a 19" by 4 feet (I'm not metric) addition made of wire shelving I got at Home Depot. The shelving is zip-tied to the old cage, and the old cage top is zip-tied to the top of the addition. The wire shelving works well because it's "L" shaped, so I could set an old table leaf cut to size on the "L" part.

cagedetail.jpg

As you can see, the main balcony is the table leaf covered by an old terrycloth towel. There's an extension on one side for the water bowl.

scone6292.jpg

I put a small wood box with a facecloth stapled to the top under the open area, to serve as a staircase. Scone can easily hop up onto the box, then onto the balcony.

Back