Hello from Canada!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

xKuchiki

Reaction score
ayyy :3

I'm Mackenzie and I'm from Canada, and I currently live with a little demon/angel (unfortunately I can't decide between the two) named Theodore. I am 15 and am in currently 9th grade. My birthday is December 31st.

Now, a bit 'bout my bunny-loo. Theodore was adopted from the BCSPCA, and he has been living with me for about a month. I am currently attempting TTouch and soon, Reiki, as he has a bit of a nipping problem :/

I have nearly given up on him but I realized that since he is 1 1/2, it is quite possible he has never been given a chance to learn affection.

now... PIKKSHURS :D (sorry about size >_> )

CIMG6657.jpg

CIMG6658.jpg

CIMG6661.jpg

CIMG6660.jpg

A bit more personal stuff about my baby <3

[align=center]T H E O D O R E
Loves :
Apple, Carrots -duh-, Carrot tops, LETTUCEE, Hay, his fruit treats, the little tidbits in his food, wreaking havoc in my house.
[/align][align=center]Theodore is a lionhead X dwarf and is currently shedding his winter coat. I am hoping for advice on how to help alleviate this shedding problem (besides brushing, since that makes very little difference it seems), his aggression, and most of all, how I can become closer with him. I am thinking of getting him a spayed (he is neutered, too) female later this year. Netherland dwarf pleasee <3[/align][align=center]Anyway, I really want to find out some easy to make crafts for my bunbun, as I love making things and experimenting <3[/align][align=center]
[/align][align=center]So, from Canada, me and Theodore say...
[/align][align=center]
[/align][align=center]HAII:p
[/align]

Welcome to RO, Mackenzie and Theodore!

You've come to the right place; many of our members have overcome nippy bunny challenges, and will be able to help you find a good solution for Theodore's nips.

Check out the Lagomorph Library for some great behavioural information:
This is a good thread for you to start with: Bonding with your Bunny
This one discusses how to fix the nipping problem:Aggression

Read those, then ask us any questions you may have on the main board :)

There are many BC members here too; check the regional forums section.

Again welcome, fellow Canadian!

Hey there Mackenzie! :D I'm a BCer to!
Theodore is super cute! When does he usually nip you? Is it when you are around his cage area? Or just in general? Sometime rabbits can be quite territorial. Don't give up on him, some rabbits just are naturally a bit 'feisty', and you just have to adjust to thier personality! :) I find if they are getting nippy, I gently press their head downs and say "NO" and usually they learn that nipping is not good! He's still quite young to, so he might settle down as he ages :).

Good luck with Theodore! Welcome to the forum :).

Welcome to the forum! He is a cute little guy.

I sometimes will get nipped when I reach into a buns cage to feed them or refill their hay. I have also had it happened when I was petting them and stopped, its a gentle reminder that "slave you have stopped worshiping me start immediately".

The method Spring suggested has worked for me too, just a gentle but firm voice will do it.

Welcome to the forum!

You'll find heaps of advice here. Theodore will warm up to you :)

A very cute little guy you've got there! :D

Latest posts

Back