Hello everyone :)

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

olliefolyfe

Reaction score
I posted previously asking about my new bun Ollie's breed but I thought I'd introduce myself & Ollie now that I officially have her. (& have more pictures!)

2vcwz5w.jpg

28assaa.jpg

35ndnrc.jpg

The people I adopted her from (off craigslist) brought her with a cage but it had a puppy pad in it and cat litter?? She was so calm! (and still is) I asked if she was spayed and they said " yeah we took her to the vet and everything and she has her shots" and then I asked again if she has been spayed and they said yeah but hesitantly so I'm not sure if she actually was or not. I don't want to run the risk of her not being spayed so I'll still take her to get it done, the worst that can happen is they can see that's already been done and close her back up. I went to get her food and hay and she inhaled the first bowl of food and the hay I gave her. I was surprised by the fact that when I would let her out of her cage or leave his door open she would stay really close to her cage and explore for just a second and then run back to her cage or near her cage. Later in the evening she started to get more brave about exploring but she is still remains extremely calm and she is just SO sweet. She didn't even try to chew my cords at all before I got a chance to put them up. I was told that she had been given a bath but she had caked pee and poop on her bum so I gave her another one which did not please her!

Here's a couple pictures of her relaxing at the end of the night
2enta21.jpg

14ucraw.jpg

Hi, Ollie is very Bootiful:inlove:. I love black bunnies.

If I were you I would put a litter box right in her cage, get rid of all that bedding you have in her cage. That way she won't use the whole cage as a litter box.

Also I'm not sure if you just gave her a Butt bath or a complete bath. May I suggest just to wash the bum, Rabbits don't need baths and don't really like water. My Daisy Mae has butt baths quite frequently. Iuse a very mild diluted puppy shampoo (all natural) then rinse the area well the towel dry it.

Looking forward to more pictures of Ollie.

Susan:)

No clue on the breed, and i agree on the litter box, the sooner the better. im in the process is litter training one of my buns now, the best part is that they pretty much get it on their own! Welcome!! Ollie is so darn cute!! how old?

also never use cat litter!! the dust will give him respiratory problems, and liver problems. i just recently learned from the great people on this website, and other websites that any clay litters are a big nono, as well as pine and cedar. wood PELLETS over SHAVINGS are better, also the carefresh or critter litter made from paper are ideal for ollie to have a safe healthy life!! one use those in the litter box, and then you can add a fleece or cotton blanket for the bottom of her cage! im a first time owner, and im learning everyday!

Thank you everyone! I absolutely LOVE her and she just melts my heart. She is six months. Next time I will sure to give her a butt bath instead. I'm about to head to the store to look at some litter boxes, that's a good idea to put it in the cage since she already goes in one corner anyways! She's really good at going only in her cage. I just read how bad cat litter is myself and I feel terrible that she has had to live w/ it for so long. :( I use carefresh for my hamster and I love it!

Yay, welcome to you and your bun! Absolutely gorgeous :D Can't wait to see more pictures!

Looks like either a mini lop or holland lop, but definitely some kind of lop. She's a cutie, our bun likes to stretch out in her cage like that. She will probably also get more adventurous, ours wouldn't move from our laps the first week or so, but now she runs all over when we let her out of her cage.

Back