Hello Everyone!!!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

whirlmom

Reaction score
I took in a 7 month old MiniRex/Lop mix and she is so adorable. But I have so many questions! She came from a home with a cat that use to cuddle with her and I'm sure she misses her alot. I've never seen my rabbit sleep :O I'm sure she does at night and during the day when I'm not in the room. I've had her for less than a week so she may be still a bit jumpy. Today I had her out and I was sitting with her on the floor and petting her cheeks and she nuzzled my hand and then started nipping at it (not enough to bruise or bleed) Then she dug at my hand and I pet her cheeks some more. Which I think she really enjoys cuz she closes her little eye and tilts her ear forward. Then I sat up and started messing with the comp and she started nipping at my pants! Did she just want more cheek rubs? Thanks, I have a TON of questions about her quirky behaviors so I appreciate any info! Also, her previous own fed her horse food...is that ok for her to eat?

Heya and welcome to RO forums.

My bunnies love to get cheek rubs, nose rubs also.
Although my lops don't nip, my Netherland dwarf used to nip if I stopped, which was rabbit for, 'Hey! get back here!', so yes, she just wanted you to continue. In some ways they're very much like little kids - have to test everything with their mouth (just make sure no wires are in her range or toxic substances). Digging is very common - especially among females (they are the ones who dig the den for the babies).
Horse food? I'm assuming you mean hay?

Not hay, literally the little pellets you feed to horses. Sweet feed

my advice is not to use the sweet feed,to much can cause moult,urine problems,g.i.problems,and a fat rabbit, as you learn more about rabbits and if you show them, then you might use a small amount to condition only.:apollo:

Welcome to the forum! She sounds like a sweet girl, whats her name? This is a great site with lots of friendly people andlots of experience.

I have some buns that gently nip when they want more attention or more pets if I stop, sometimes they dig on me too. I start again and they're happy.

Check out the Library section for Bunny 101. A average diet is rabbit pellets (no colorful tidbits or seeds), greens (collard, romaine, green leaf lettuce) and hay. You may have to try different types of hay to find the one she likes the best. Mine prefer orchard grass.

Feel free to send me a PM.

Hello, welcome to the forum. =)
I've had a few rabbits who would nip as if to say "Get out of my way, hooman.
Also, as far as feeding goes, Sweet feed = not recomended. I used it as a supplement for my champagnes ages ago, to put weight on them, that alone should be enough to convince you. I feed purina, and am happy with it, wouldn't change.

Hi and welcome to the forum! :)

Sounds like you've got a sweetie! Would love to see some pics!

You've come to the right place for advice! Browse around and ask any questions you have!

:( Oh no! Well I'll put her on a strict diet of rabbit food right away!!! I hope it didn't do too much damage. Her owner also had her hut lined with pine which I found was bad for them and bought her some aspen...:D Thank you for your advice!

I have my rabbits for over two years and I never seen them truly asleep - at least one eye is half open and bunny is alert all the time. may be it is because they are prey animals and it is thei natural behaviour.
My rabbits nip at my and at my fiance's ankles for many reasons- usually to try if this is something edible. They like to chew on socks

:D I gave her a white shirt I didn't need to cuddle with. She pushes it around her hut all the time :D I put her on Kaytee Juvenile Rabbit food. Does anyone know anything about that?

My male didn't sleep around people until he was around eight or nine months old. Now I check on him to make sure he's still there since he flops over and plays dead :p. I've never seen my female sleep.

omg floppy buns are the greatest!!!! my Sooty was the scariest flopper, and Charger flopped the other day and i went over and petted him and he didnt move i nearly had a stroke thinking something was wrong,lol.

Latest posts

Back