Hello! Chuchu's here :)

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BunnyL0ve

BunnyL0ve
Reaction score
Good morning all!

I have been pondering on getting a rabbit for quite some time. I've had rabbits as pets before (when I was much younger) and thought that it would be nice to add a bun to our family. I was searching for months on the Humane Society's website and doing lots of research while I was at it.

This past weekend I stopped in at the Humane Society to look around with the hopes of their being some buns there that weren't posted on their website.

As I looked around I found this gorgeous big white rabbit flopped over and chewing on a paper towel roll! I walked up to his cage and he immediately jumped up and started watching me! He paced back and forth and I fell in love.

I waited for what seemed like forever for the chance to meet him. We finally were put into a little room for the meet and greet. He sniffed around for a while and then plopped right next to me! He was MINE!

His name is Chuchu (kept his name because its so cute!) He is a Flemish Giant Mix (that's what the shelter said) and he's expected to be 1 years old. He weighs 8lbs. He was unaltered at the time of adoption but I've already made an appointment for him to be neutered (Sept 18th).

He has to be the most friendly and awesome rabbit ever! Right now I have him in a XL dog crate when i'm not home and he has free roam of the house when we are home. When I introduced him to my 2 dogs (small mixes) he began humping them!! That is all he does now! Chases my dogs and tries to hump them. One dog hides under the couch to not be bothered and the other I think enjoys his company. Ive found them both laying next to each other while my dog licks Chuchu and he seems to be in total bliss.

I guess my only real question is... will this stop after he's neutered? And what about spraying? He tried to hump me yesterday and I wasn't really cool with that! I read that I should push his head down SLIGHTLY while saying no.. well at least that's what I did and he seemed to get it! HE does run-by sprays to my dog and its just gross and smells horrible not to add.

Anyways! I look forward to getting to know you all better and hope I can learn lots here! I've included a pic of Sir Chuchu!

-Maria

20130902_122302_zpsb8f73d4a.jpg

20130903_212315_zps3f73b5bb.jpg

20130903_212352_zps6383eee9.jpg

:hello & :welcome1, Maria & Chuchu!
Chuchu is a lovely bun & sounds like a sweet boy too! Congratulations to you both for finding each other! Glad you also found RO! Its a great place to come for bunny info or to just share with other bunny lovers. Hop on in & make yourself at home

She's gorgeous! Is that a frosted pearl???

I have a rabbit that looks EXACTLY like the one u have pictured up there!

Last edited by a moderator:
Love him and he's gorgeous! I do like the larger buns myself. Being neutered can stop both the humping and the spraying, there are no guarantees though. It's believed that if they go to long doing these things then it may become habit. It can take a while after the neuter for the hormones to die down so you may not see improvement immediately. He also may be doing it more because he is in a new place and around new people and animals.

@SablePoints - Yup! I think he's a frosted pearl.. his bum has a little gray to it and so does his ears and nose!

@PaGal - I really hope he stops lol. I can deal with the humping (lol) but the spraying really sucks!!! Either way I lubb him so!!!!

Thanks for welcoming us yall!

Welcome! He's adorable :) I love how he lays, haha

Sent from my iPhone using Rabbit Forum

He´s a real handsome boy, love his colour and that sprawl. Some of his bad habits will disappear after his spay but may take a while. Hope everything goes well for him, do let us know and welcome to RO :wave:

Latest posts

Back