Hello all!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RoscoTheRat

Reaction score
Hi, I'm Amanda but you can call me Mandy. I have 6 rats, 4 foster rats, 2 dogs, 3 mice, and my 2 bunnies. My mom also has a dog and my brother has a bearded dragon and a cat.

Img_2693.jpg

My bunnies are Nava and domino. They are like night and day in personality. Nava is a dwarf/dutch who is gray and white. She's about 8 (Not exactly sure on either of their ages, I got them from someone). Nava is very sweet, she loves people and she likes to cuddle. She has befriended my dogs and is obsessed with my mom's German Shepherd. When ever she sees him she gets excited and has to go up to him. Before I had my own dogs I used to take her out on a leash when I was a kid and she used to walk with him. It was a sight to see because my mom's GSD is dog reactive (but he likes my dogs, and other animals). Nava's teeth don't grow straight so I have to trim them every month or so (depending how fast they grow). She's extremely good at this and lets me do it.

l1.jpg

Domino is about 7 (Still, not exactly sure their ages. All I know is that she's a year younger then Nava). Domino is a Black and white dutch. She's not as smart as Nava. She is lazier, and not as friendly. She would rather do her own thing then socialize with you. She also doesn't like other animals (besides Nava). When my dogs sniff at her she thumps at them and chases them off. She's a bit stinky, and stubborn; but I still love her. Oh, and she likes to nip if you are holding her against you.

I was never really into rabbits, but a few years ago I was friends with someone who didn't care for her bunnies well. I noticed they sat in their own filth. She also tossed them around and once I witnessed her pick Nava up by her ears. I freaked out and I took them home a few days later (after A LOT of begging to my parents). I didn't know a thing about bunnies, and for a while I wasn't sure it I cared for them as pets because I was used to ferrets, rats, mice and other more affectionate caged animals. Soon Nava grew onto me (i'm an animal person, it was bound to happen) and then Domino did. They won me over. I still consider myself a Rat or Ferret person over a Bunny person, but I still love them just the same.

When I first got them from this person both were terrified of people. Nava would have panic attacks if you held her. Domino would freeze and not know how to take the affection you were giving her. Soon I broke through their shell (with a lot of yogis, treats and love) and Nava ended up being a sweet heart, while Domino got over her fear but still doesnt care for humans as much.

So that's me and my bunnies. Sorry it's long, Idk how to shut up when I'm talking about animals. Haha.

I would like to welcome you to Rabbits Online, my name is Dave and I am a moderator on the forum. So if I can be of any help please let me know. This is a terrific website for rabbits and their slaves, not only is it very active but also friendly. I am so glad you’re here and I know you will enjoy it.

Many bunnies’ recommend their slaves to this site so we may learn of others methods to keeping our furry masters happy.

If you everhave a sick bunny, please post in The Infirmary and include your rabbit's age, breed and health history as well diet and output details leading up to the problem.

Here are somelinks I thought you might find interesting:

*For reference the Library section

*To brag or tell everyone about the antics of your bunny or just to talk about your day here is where to start a Bunny Blog, you can also look back at it later and remember when you had a life before your bunny.

*Now all the bunny’s like talk to each other when we mere slaves aren’t around in the Bunny Chat is the spot to be.

*The House Rabbit Society has a lot of good information on what veggies are safe for bunny’s, etc.

*Here is a link to learn what your furry master is trying to say to you How to Understand Your Bunny's Language

*Rabbits Online also has regional forums , this a good way to find a vet in your area that has experience with rabbits and to find out from other nearby of good sources of rabbit supplies.

The Let Your Hare Down section is for anything non-bunny related.

Here is a link tothat will help you and your bunny to connect, How to Bond with Your Bunny.

Now every forum has rules and ours can be found with this link Rabbits Online Forum Rules. This gives guidelines on what is acceptable, what is not and how we hope everyone will treat each other.

Everyone on this forum loves to see pictures of each other’s bunnies. So if you would like to post a picture this link will help you do that, Upload Photo's to Photo Gallery. Then in the post, you click on the "G" in the tool bar to insert your photo. Many people also use Photobucket. You just copy the img file and paste it into the post.

Don’t hesitate to ask questions and I am glad you have joined rabbits online; I look forward to seeing you around.

Latest posts

Back