Hello<3!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CharmmyBunny

Reaction score
Hi my name is Lauren and i have a little bunny named Charmmy. shes a little unusual because she doesn't get along with other bunnies otherwise she would have a bunny friend. she adores human attention and loves to just sit on your chest for hours. she demands to be given the attention she deserves and will insist on it if she thinks you are not giving her that attention. ive had several bunnies before but have not owned one since i was 16 (im 22 now). i used to have 3 "special needs" bunnies. charmmy doesn't seem to mind my other rodents as i have several rats. i live in the Los Angeles area (california).

CharmmyBunny wrote:
Hi my name is Lauren and i have a little bunny named Charmmy. shes a little unusual because she doesn't get along with other bunnies otherwise she would have a bunny friend. she adores human attention and loves to just sit on your chest for hours. she demands to be given the attention she deserves and will insist on it if she thinks you are not giving her that attention. ive had several bunnies before but have not owned one since i was 16 (im 22 now). i used to have 3 "special needs" bunnies. charmmy doesn't seem to mind my other rodents as i have several rats. i live in the Los Angeles area (california).

Welcome. New to rabbits too. I guess I have unusual bunnies too because they don't get along together. It happens. And attention, all three of mine demand attention. It's a bunny thing I think. lol.

Looking forward to hearing about Charmmy. And your other pets too.

K :)

thank you! i love all of my pets equally which is a whole lot! and they can be a handful at times but they are very much worth it.

yeah right now i have:
Charmmy the bunny.
i dont know what kind of breed little miss charmmy is but i know shes incredibly loveable. always giving kisses and making sure we know that she wants attention!

IMG_1398.jpg

tinker toy the blue rat (she's pretty young here) she's older now and has 1 litter of 10 who she lovingly mothers but i am looking for homes for 6 of them (hopefully going in same sex pairs)

IMG_1295-1.jpg

pogo the dumbo hooded (also rather young here but sooooo cuddly) he's the daddy of tinkers litter. and he is just so funny and cute with his bug eyes and big ears

IMG_1318-1.jpg

and their litter of 10 babies

a cat who we call kitty he lives mainly outdoors but comes in when HE WANTS. and prefers to sleep on a lap top while its in use of course.

IMG_0430-1.jpg

and a california albino king snake named Draco who was an abused boy sadly (not only the fluffy cute animals can be abused) but he is now with us and doing much better! (we have rules in place that makes sure NO ONE plays with draco while smelling like any of our other pets or while any one else is out.... which i was ignoring stupidly today and got bit my mistake :headsmack it's feeding day tomorrow so he's hungry and i forgot to wash up! can't blame him!)

IMG_0853.jpg

Welcome to the forum. I'm glad Draco has a great home now, but I must say that snakes aren't for me. I don't dislike them or anything, just can't see having one & having to feed it. But people have different interests.

hello

i know snakes aren't for everyone and i was never against them myself but i never sought out to own one but after seeing his situation i just couldn't help myself. all my life so far i have owned mammals... and a few fish that didn't fair too well. Draco is my special boy and feeding him gets to me sometimes but i just keep in mind he has to eat or he dies and thats not fair to him. although people ask me all the time how do i do it? keeping snakes and rodents as pets. i never associate the two together rodents have their own room and space and he has his. i don't cull the baby rodents i have/had.
his story is very sad though, he was bought by a teenager who wanted something to show off (my cousin) and prior to owning draco he bought bearded dragons turtles tropical fish god knows what else. after having them for a short time he would ignore them and either let them go or just ignore them until the died or starved to death. when i found draco he was left outside in a cage with several dead mice that had been in there for weeks and no source of heat no water or a place to hide. he was covered all over with cuts and bleeding in the middle of winter (though it doesn't snow here it can be mighty cold for a snake). but a little over a year later (i brought him home with me immediately) he is much better! sadly too many people buy pets because they just want one or they think its cute and thats how we end up with so many pets in a shelter, abandoned on the streets, or put down because they are no longer wanted.

and as long as you wash up after holding the other pets he is the sweetest snake ive ever met! just he never meets or gets to see any of the others just for everyones safety and there are locks on his cage wouldnt want him to get out and explore our house. :biggrin2:

CharmmyBunny wrote:
hello

i know snakes aren't for everyone and i was never against them myself but i never sought out to own one but after seeing his situation i just couldn't help myself. all my life so far i have owned mammals... and a few fish that didn't fair too well. Draco is my special boy and feeding him gets to me sometimes but i just keep in mind he has to eat or he dies and thats not fair to him. although people ask me all the time how do i do it? keeping snakes and rodents as pets. i never associate the two together rodents have their own room and space and he has his. i don't cull the baby rodents i have/had.
his story is very sad though, he was bought by a teenager who wanted something to show off (my cousin) and prior to owning draco he bought bearded dragons turtles tropical fish god knows what else. after having them for a short time he would ignore them and either let them go or just ignore them until the died or starved to death. when i found draco he was left outside in a cage with several dead mice that had been in there for weeks and no source of heat no water or a place to hide. he was covered all over with cuts and bleeding in the middle of winter (though it doesn't snow here it can be mighty cold for a snake). but a little over a year later (i brought him home with me immediately) he is much better! sadly too many people buy pets because they just want one or they think its cute and thats how we end up with so many pets in a shelter, abandoned on the streets, or put down because they are no longer wanted.

and as long as you wash up after holding the other pets he is the sweetest snake ive ever met! just he never meets or gets to see any of the others just for everyones safety and there are locks on his cage wouldnt want him to get out and explore our house. :biggrin2:
I'm not a snake person, and I saved my Willard from being snake food, but I feel the same as you. Reptiles are bought because they are exotic by people who have no clue how to take care of them. Thanks to people like you, who know how to, so these animals can have a better life.

K :)

I would like to welcome you to Rabbits Online, my name is Dave and I am a moderator on the forum. So if I can be of any help please let me know. This is a terrific website for rabbits and their slaves, not only is it very active but also friendly. I am so glad you’re here and I know you will enjoy it.

Many bunnies’ recommend their slaves to this site so we may learn of others methods to keeping our furry masters happy.

If you everhave a sick bunny, please post in The Infirmary and include your rabbit's age, breed and health history as well diet and output details leading up to the problem.

Here are somelinks I thought you might find interesting:

*For reference the Library section

*To brag or tell everyone about the antics of your bunny or just to talk about your day here is where to start a Bunny Blog, you can also look back at it later and remember when you had a life before your bunny.

*Now all the bunny’s like talk to each other when we mere slaves aren’t around in the Bunny Chat is the spot to be.

*The House Rabbit Society has a lot of good information on what veggies are safe for bunny’s, etc.

*Here is a link to learn what your furry master is trying to say to you How to Understand Your Bunny's Language

*Rabbits Online also has regional forums , this a good way to find a vet in your area that has experience with rabbits and to find out from other nearby of good sources of rabbit supplies.

The Let Your Hare Down section is for anything non-bunny related.

Here is a link tothat will help you and your bunny to connect, How to Bond with Your Bunny.

Now every forum has rules and ours can be found with this link Rabbits Online Forum Rules. This gives guidelines on what is acceptable, what is not and how we hope everyone will treat each other.

Everyone on this forum loves to see pictures of each other’s bunnies. So if you would like to post a picture this link will help you do that, Upload Photo's to Photo Gallery. Then in the post, you click on the "G" in the tool bar to insert your photo. Many people also use Photobucket. You just copy the img file and paste it into the post.

Don’t hesitate to ask questions and I am glad you have joined rabbits online; I look forward to seeing you around.

i think thats one of the saddest things about animals, when people get a pet because they see it or just want it to show off or for some other silly reason and then they just get rid of it.

Back