Heights of rabbit cage?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Number1Sticky

Reaction score
I'm planning on building new cages for my rabbits. But I can't seem to find anything online that says how tall they need to be. My rabbits aren't that big. One is a Holland lop mix and the other is a Mini Rex. So about 5lbs.

Thanks in advance!!!

It depends what you'd like to do with the cage. For a single level cage, I'd recommend an 18" ceiling for those breeds. If you want to build more stories, obviously it will need to be higher.

Well you want it to be tall enough so they can stretch on their hind legs, my cage is 42" tall but there is a shelf that is 18" tall. Are you planning on using an xpen? home made? nic cube cage?

If you're building x-pens basically with open tops, I'd say make them at least 3 ft. high. My recommendation of 18" would be for enclosed cages. Holland Lops and Mini Rex can stretch up on their hind legs in that and still not bump their head on the ceilings. That's the height of many of my cages. :)

Latest posts

Back