heartbroken, crying my eyes out over loss

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

charissa70

Reaction score
:bigtears:I need an answer-I went to my rabbits room a few hours ago and found my 2 yo mini rex dead. I am absolutely heartbroken. I have no idea why-the only clue I might have was that she was eating less the last week, but she was still eating and drinking and hopping around the house. No diarrhea, no vomiting,no fever and still acting normal I have another rabbit, and I am so scared. My son and I can not stop crying over my baby. Does anyone have an idea of what could have been the problem? PLEASE:rip:Willow-we will not forget you.

I am so very sorry for the terrible loss of Wllow.:(

The only way that you could determine the exact cause of death would be to have a necropsy done; I don't know if you want to go that route.
If the only symptom was not eating as well the past week it is difficult to determine why. If she was pooping and peeing normally and playful..one could think that it was the beginning of GI stasis but it could be many things.
She was not in a fight with your other rabbit ?
Was their anything that could have frightened her as it is common for rabbits to die suddenly from extreme fear.

In thinking back was there anything else that could have been a symptom of a medical problem?

Any change in anything that you were feeding her?

Anything that she could have ingestedthat was not her normal diet.?
Once again I am so very very sorry!

I'm so sorry for your tragic loss of little Willow. I hope someone can come along soon and help.

If you could list any recent food changes/potential scary things (bunny heart attack, you never know).
Could she have fallen off a level in the cage?
Maybe molds in the hey?
No gas leak?
Strange new treat?
Change in urine colour? poop consistency(hard/soft)? Leaving lots of cecals? Same amt. of poops?
Recent stress?

Other members know a lot more than I do... I was trying to think of some possibilities that other folks might be able to notice..
Lots of hugs to you in this sad time:hug: ooox

EDIT: Angieluv beat me to it... She knows her stuff :)

No suggestions other than what the others have said:(. But, I am so sorry for your loss of Willow, I feel so badly for you, I've been there, hon. If you need to talk, pm me anytime, ok?

RIP Willow:rainbow::pink iris:

Latest posts

Back