Healthy Weight Gain

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kateej94

Reaction score
Hi everyone.
I have a momma bunny that just finished weaning her 4 babies. She is a little underweight, so I'm looking for advice on the best way to get healthy weight back on her. She has access to hay all the time and she has had unlimited access to pellets as well. She has been on Mana Pro, (Gro formula) but I've been out of that for a few weeks so she has had the regular adult formula, unfortunately. I feed lettuce (romaine) daily with occasional carrots, cucumber and basil other various herbs.

Specific fruits or veggies? Should I change the amount offered of the food/hay I'm feeding?

Now she is weaned she should put on the weight herself with a normal diet. Keep up with the unlimited hay, she won’t need unlimited pellets for much longer as the increased energy demand of lactating is over. Just feed a normal adult rabbit diet and she’ll get back to condition :)

Perfect! I'll start cutting the pellets back in a week or so (or once I start feeling a difference). Thank you for the help. :)

Latest posts

Back