Head tilt??

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chiquita090

Reaction score
He's tilted his head a few times lately, justbreifly, then he goes back to normal. Should I be concerned? I've neverseen him do anything like that before! A few times while sitting in hiscage he looks over at me with his head slightly tilted. ??

He's been to the vet alot lately, because of his abscess, surgery, etc,and when checking his ears the vet always says "hmm, well I thinkthat's the normal amount of wax for a lop" What does that mean? He saidthe same thing about Jordan when I took him in recently for a check up.

As far as Calvin and tilting his head, I don't know what to think. Headtilt in bunnies is a permanent thing, so I wouldn't think Calvin wouldtilt his head just for a few seconds then go back to normal, or wouldhe? I put some drops in his ear to help break up any wax build up thathe might have.

Does anybody have any advice?

hey, i dont think there is a reason, i mean myfriends chinchilla does that lol, but thats a chinchilla and this is abunny. my rabbit twitches sometimes and i think hes happy :). reply notand tell me, is he doing it slowly, as if like, all of his weight wasbeing put to one side of his body?

No it's not like you described...he's going abouthis business in his cage then for whatever looks at me with his headtilted. It's kinda cute actually, like he's pondering something ordoesn't understand something, but I'm pretty sure that's a dogcharacteristic, not a bunny. And given the seriousness of head tilt inrabbits, I'm wondering if there's an underlying issue or anything Ineed to be worried about.

Poor Calvin just got done with x rays, surgery, and daily meds. I'mpraying that he doesn't have to go through that stuff again. Especiallythis soon. He had surgery only about 3 weeks ago...

aw, well im sure he's ok, he just need to getadjusted to things again, and im sure it is the curiosity of you, bepatient, even though its been a while, but im sure he will stop, and ifhe doesn't just give your vet a quick call and ask them if its normal

Send Gabby a PM, chiquita, and copy this post to her.

She's the one that can best advise you.

When you see a post about Bricer's page, please read it.

-Carolyn

Midnight01 wrote:
Carolyn is it ok that i gave out my screen name

That's fine with me, Midnight!

Do be careful though. We've had a troll spam our emails once. For your own safety, I'd PM it and edit it out of your post.

It's totally your choice though, and I'm fine with whatever you choose.

-Carolyn

chiquita090 wrote:
No it's not like you described...he's going about hisbusiness in his cage then for whatever looks at me with his headtilted. It's kinda cute actually, like he's pondering something ordoesn't understand something, but I'm pretty sure that's a dogcharacteristic, not a bunny. And given the seriousness of head tilt inrabbits, I'm wondering if there's an underlying issue or anything Ineed to be worried about.

Poor Calvin just got done with x rays, surgery, and daily meds. I'mpraying that he doesn't have to go through that stuff again. Especiallythis soon. He had surgery only about 3 weeks ago...
head tilt can start of as just a twitch at first or a slight you cantell the heads not exactly right but you're not sure why.. some don'tshow a tilt at first at all but just tip over,early detection is key though, with all that he has beenthough it is possible that some of it traveled to his ears..

you could have the vet do radiographs of his head and see ifthey can see anything in the ear area.. fluid areas will show up...

my "oldman" rabbit (he turned 11 the first of this year) has cronicears something the vet says she sees more of in old lop rabbits.. andhe only just barely tilts his head.. he gets horrible wax build upwhich started a double ear infection..

but his is also the more external part of his ear which in that case you can see and smell it..

I know how you hate to put him through more so soon, but if he isstarting a tilt the sooner it gets attention the better his odds arefor recovery..

you can read Brice's page the post was bumped about brices Story he isa survivor of wry neck caused by a deep inner ear infection..

My best to you and your boy..--Gabby

Oh and feel free to ask me anything here or by PM you can also email meat [email protected]

Latest posts

Back