Head-tilt / Wry Neck rabbit in enclosed spaces (hutch)

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bojay

Reaction score
Last night I put my headtilt bun in a pet carrierand it was a disaster. She must have felt closterphobic andcouldn't stop spinning, perhaps even seizured, I'm not sure.

I let her sleep in a room without confinement last night and she did ok.

Her kit misses her. I let the kit out this morning and to my suprise, she nursed it! (Yea!).

Also, we are currently going through the "it will get worse before itgets better" stage. Although, she has no trouble running in astraight line, she has some really bad moments.

How did you (by you, I mean anyone on this board who's convaleced aheadtilt bunny) confine your rabbit without endangering it?Clearly the hutch is not a good place, nor is the pet carrier (largepet carrier for a medium sized dog).

I have an exercise pen that extends to 6 x 2 feet, but the kit can easily slip through the mesh. Any ideas?

I enjoy watching headtilt mom and kit explore this large room with lowpile burber carpet and I will try to litter train. My cat is not happyabout all these new "annoyances", my border collie is so happy to havenew buddies but I'm afraid he may get too "happy" and accidentally hurtone of them. My husband complainsabout the urinestains (I used vinegar yesterday on most of them and it worked prettywell). I think giving headtilt momma a large area to run isgood therapy....sure beats being confined to a 2 X 3 hutch.

bojay wrote:
Lastnight I put my headtilt bun in a pet carrier and it was adisaster. She must have felt closterphobic and couldn't stopspinning, perhaps even seizured, I'm not sure.

I let her sleep in a room without confinement last night and she did ok.

Her kit misses her. I let the kit out this morning and to my suprise, she nursed it! (Yea!).

Also, we are currently going through the "it will get worse before itgets better" stage. Although, she has no trouble running in astraight line, she has some really bad moments.

How did you (by you, I mean anyone on this board who's convaleced aheadtilt bunny) confine your rabbit without endangering it?Clearly the hutch is not a good place, nor is the pet carrier (largepet carrier for a medium sized dog).

I have an exercise pen that extends to 6 x 2 feet, but the kit can easily slip through the mesh. Any ideas?

I enjoy watching headtilt mom and kit explore this large room with lowpile burber carpet and I will try to litter train. My cat is not happyabout all these new "annoyances", my border collie is so happy to havenew buddies but I'm afraid he may get too "happy" and accidentally hurtone of them. My husband complainsabout the urinestains (I used vinegar yesterday on most of them and it worked prettywell). I think giving headtilt momma a large area to run isgood therapy....sure beats being confined to a 2 X 3 hutch.

I had the same problem with my little escape artists slipping throughthe mesh of their playpen. I doubled it up. Insteadof it being an 8 foot circle, I made it smaller (about 4 feet) andover-lapped the mesh to make the holes smaller. Kinda hard toexplain, but it worked after lots of manipulating of that darn hog-wire.

Please contact Gabby. Send her a Private Message. You will get a heartfelt, experienced answer from her.

Prayers continue for your little one.

-Carolyn

*BUMP* Bojay did you senda PM toGabby? I have asked on your other post how Biscuit was. Ijust want to let you know that she is in my thoughts a lot and althoughI may not have been on here a lot recently, when I do get on I alwayscheck for updates on her. Although I am not a rabbit savvy you canalways PM me and I will get back to you asap, even if it is just for achat or you need a bunny friend, I am always here.

Vickie

Latest posts

Back