Head Tilt (RIP)

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
awww DAve its sucks huh at least he is active which is good.:)

Rebecca I don't think Dave was trying to be rude, he was just explaining his situation a bit ;)I am glad your bun is recovering I only found this forum after my bun was PTS for the exact same thing Iwish i had found here first :(

and good luck to Mr Smores. ya know i love those dutchies:)

I was gonna say the same thing as Polly, I really don't think that Wabbitdad was meaning to be rude, I can imagine that it's very stressful for him at the moment with a sick bunny, and like Polly said, I think he was just explaining the situation...

I really hope that Mr Smores is ok, I know that he must be getting top attention and love over there! As a person with a vestibular disorder I can highly sympathise with how he must be feeling- it's really a very unpleasant thing, I can only imagine what it's like for a small bunny! :? I hope that he continues to do well and recover...

Lots of positive healing vibes coming to you guys! :hug:

Jen xx

Luvr of Wabbits and Polar Bears wrote:
Wabbitdad12 wrote:
Mr. Smores is doing o.k. He is eating, drinking, shredding cardboard and relieving himself ok. He still has his head tilt though. I haven't been able to set up a appointment with my vet yet. I know this should have been done asap and normally I do. So please don't tell me what I should have done or be doing.

Sometimes there are things going on that take precedent and right now those things don't allow for a bun vet visit or meds. He is getting the antibiotics I have already, his dietary habits are being closely monitored, he is otherwise doing ok and has learned to compensate for his new look on life. I wish I could do more for him, but I can't, he is very well loved and cared for.

There is no need to be rude, I never told you what u should and shouldn't be doing.I had to personally rush our bun in, because he was turning over and wouldn't stop, which we found out was because of an inner ear infection which then lead from him turning over to his head tilt. He still has a small head tilt, but he is recovering slowly and surely. Now that he has learned to rewalk on his hands and feet he is running all over the place like a madman like before. We seriouslly thought of putting the bun down when we rushed him in late at night because my sister and I don't make a lot of money and it'd cost us around $150/night to have him in. Though we eventually said it didn't matter to us. We'll do whatever it takes.

He still has his hormons in tact even though he's a fixed bun lol, still goes wild when he gets to play with our female bun that lost her mate who is going through her own problems that we're monitoring, but so far it looks like she's just an old bun, and that's what old buns do.

:embarrassed: I can't believe I did it again. I didn't realize my wife had logged me out and she had logged on. So this response is not from Wabbitmom but from Wabbitdad. OOPS!

My apologies, my comments were not in response to anything you had said. In fact I appreciated your encouragement that your bun recovered from the head tilt. I am sorry that I came across rude or that it looked I was responding negetively to what you had said.

I love my bunnies very much and I do everything I can when they are not feeling right. I had anticpated comments that I thought would come when someone saw that I had not taken Mr. Smores to the vet.

Dave

My apologies, my comments were not in response to anything you had said. In fact I appreciated your encouragement that your bun recovered from the head tilt. I am sorry that I came across rude or that it looked I was responding negetively to what you had said.

I love my bunnies very much and I do everything I can when they are not feeling right. I had anticpated comments that I thought would come when someone saw that I had not taken Mr. Smores to the vet.

Dave

It's ok Dave,

I know how hard it is dealing with a sick bunny. This is your 2nd time dealing with a sick bunny out of many rabbits we've had. The first guy got a cold but couldn't recover from it no matter how hard we tried to help him through it. I think our first mistake was not taking to the universitywhere they have exotic vets, instead we took him to vet that accept's and treats rabbits but never specialized in it, I think by the time we got him to good vets it was a little to late.

Rebecca

I just went in to check the buns food and water for the night. Mr. Smores head tilt has gotten worse and his eye that is facing upward is not looking right. It looked dilated and it twitched a little,look abitlike he had a cataract.

I am in a rotten situation. I hope I can work out a deal with the vet (I guess it will technically be this morning) because I don't know how I am going to pay the vet bill,I wish I could have gotten him long ago, but I am going to try and get him in and ourbun savvy vet will be on duty. Its going to be a long 9 hours till the Vet is open.

As per our new policy, please post any further responses inMr. Smore's Rainbow Bridge thread, here:

Mr. Smores

We'd like to keep Infirmarythreads as uncluttered as possibleas many of them will be linked to our Library.

Thank you.

sas:purplepansy:

Back