He sees you when you're sleeping, he knows when you're awake

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

imsarah

Reaction score
Bennie spent the night in the house last night so his hutch could dry out and I could seal it today. He spent the evening roaming the living room chasing the dog while I watched tv and sat on the computer.At bedtime, Iput him in his playpen with his hidey box, water bottle, food and litterbox.

I'm in that zone between awake and asleep, mostly asleep/barely awake, and I start to notice that my dog seems to be walking all over the bed. Why is she even awake right now? And as I slowly become more awake and less asleep, I realize that my dog is still laying where she usually does right next to me. I open my eyes and Bennies sitting there nose to nose with me with his creepy red eyes just looking at me like "Hey there, why'd you leave me in the other room when the dogs allowed to sleep right here on the next pillow?" My split second of shock was replaced by panic as I scooped him up and went to check every cord and plug in the house. He must have come straight to my room and onto the bed after he made the jump, everything was intact, no rabbit pills dropped anywhere he may have hung out. So I got the dog crate out of the storage room and locked him up good and tight right next to my bed so he wouldnt feel so left out.

Scared the living daylights out of me though, he's never attempted to scale the sides of the playpen before. I didn't know he could jump that high. My cat can't even get over it,although she's also20lbs and doesn't bother jumping anything unless she has to.

ha ha ha cute, he didnt want to be left out of sleeping in the bedroom,lol

LOL!..i'm sure he would have thought that he was a clever little bunny too!

That is so cute. I wish my rabbits would come sleep in bed with me. But they prefer to sleep under the bed. Though they would scare the crap out of me if I was half asleep and woke up to a bunny in my face.

Its actually made me feel guilty for keeping his hutch outside. Like he's saying "Dont leave me out there again, I wanna be inside with you!!" I'm considering ideas on how to make his hutch a piece of furniture to keep in the house now. Maybe a bedside table, or a side table in the living room. Maybe even a coffee table.

I can see why him crawling in bed with you would make you want to keep him in the house. He must really love being around you and doesn't even want you to leave him in the next room lol. Have you checked out the housing section? They have some great ideas of things you can make to keep in the house. Here is the link http://www.rabbitsonline.net/view_forum.php?id=93

Latest posts

Back