He is impossible with litter training

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

STEPHANIE11

Reaction score
I got my bunny Tips neutered last week. He stillrefuses to use his litter box he will move it around his cage and turnit over so then i have a big mess to clean up every morning :X. Howshould i actually get him to use it ?? :)

If he was neutered last week his hormones maystill be calming down, he might improve with time. If he moves hislitter box around I'd try to attach it to the sides of his cage so hecan't move it around. I'd also move his hay, pellets and water so theyare next to his litter box because rabbits like to eat while they dotheir business.

Give him time. It can take a month or more for the hormones to decrease much.

Also, try to prevent him from playing with his litterbox. Usesome sort of clip to attach it to the cage wall or put a flat weight inthe bottom so it's too heavy for him to move or flip.

Does he have much for toys? And does he get much exerciseoutside of his cage? He might be playing with the litterboxbecause he's bored and has too much pent-up energy. If helikes big things, give him a cardboard box or untreated wicker basketinstead.

I also agree with Bunnys_rule's suggestions about keeping the food nearthe litterbox. Put the hay in the litterbox or in a rackabove it and put the food bowl next to it. Lots of rabbitslike to eat and poop at the same time, so if his food is in/near thelitterbox he'll poop there.

Also, clean up any urine stains with vinegar. Otherwise he'llsmell it and think that it's the right place to pee again.

he has a ton of toys and he gets to run aroundfor most of the day (when we are home ) and he uses his litterboxthen. When he goes to bed he goes crazy and chews oneverything in his cage apart and throws around his hay and food but hehas alot of toys so i dont understand lol

Mine is the same, i give him a litter box nextto his food and hay etc and he just digs out all the litter and poopseverywhere :p

He probably just doesn't like being confined, mytwo are the same! They are out in their run all day, then when I lockthem in their hutch at night they dig all their bedding out of the bedbit to tell me how unimpressed they are!:rollseyes:

You could try attaching his litter tray to his cage, putting a gridover the litter to stop him digging it out and maybe trying to make hiscage a bit more interesting. You could try giving him some toys tothrow around instead and a box full of hay/straw/shredded newspaper todig in. You could also try re-arranging his cage, sometimes buns forgettheir toys are therebut if you move them about then it keepsthem interested.:)

Latest posts

Back