He is having very wierd poos but he's acting sort of normal! Not the first time!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi guys, I need your help again!!!!
Fettuccine is not looking good right now. I need to know why he's poo has been looking like that!?⬇⬇

So lately he's poo has been looking draker then usually and like the picture below ⬇⬇ and he has been looking a little sad but he has also been playing. Yesterday was cold so me boys were mostly snuggling etc. They didn't eat as much through out the day but the next morning their plates were empty.

The small guy is Fettuccine and the bigger boy is he's brother Milo🤗

Now what may have course this reaction:

He did get two treats before this and they were two normal bunny treats but also two (Provita whole-wheat crispbreads!) - I think this is what coursed this!!

He did NOT get two hole pieces just two separate that make about 2/3 of the cracker, but about one every 5/ 4 hours as a treat from calling him towards me.

He has gotten wierd poos before but manly from fruits and vegetables, he does have a sensitive tummy but this time I'm a bit more concerned then before. He's poos have been wonky lately with some being normal but dark to other coming in wierd shapes and him just stepping on them.

He is being potty trained but today he was given he's least favorite blanket to eat , drink , lay on so he decided to poo behind the sofa.🤦🏾‍♀️ instead of in he's poo tray.

I'm not sure if the Provita is what coursed this but if it is please let me know! I feel terrible giving this to them but I was eating them while watching tv and I just decided to give both boys and carried on with my day.

I feel terrible!😔

Attachments

• IMG_20220131_154428.jpg
    IMG_20220131_154428.jpg
    110.5 KB · Views: 7
  • IMG_20220131_154629.jpg
    IMG_20220131_154629.jpg
    224.8 KB · Views: 7
  • IMG-20220119-WA0007.jpg
    IMG-20220119-WA0007.jpg
    129.7 KB · Views: 6
  • IMG_20220131_163422.jpg
    IMG_20220131_163422.jpg
    227.3 KB · Views: 6
Hi! There could be a number of reasons to why your bunny’s stool has changed colour/texture. Has he recently changed the pellets he eats or you have introduced new veggies to his diet as this can cause an upset stomach as they should be swapped gradually. Does he eat a lot of hay? He should be eating a pile of hay roughly the size of him per day as it contains fibre (which is externally important for their diet). Stress can also affect his stool. If none of these are a reasonable explanation to why his stool may have changed, I would suggest taking him to the vet as he may be having issues regarding his intestines or bowel! Hope this helps!

Hi! There could be a number of reasons to why your bunny’s stool has changed colour/texture. Has he recently changed the pellets he eats or you have introduced new veggies to his diet as this can cause an upset stomach as they should be swapped gradually. Does he eat a lot of hay? He should be eating a pile of hay roughly the size of him per day as it contains fibre (which is externally important for their diet). Stress can also affect his stool. If none of these are a reasonable explanation to why his stool may have changed, I would suggest taking him to the vet as he may be having issues regarding his intestines or bowel! Hope this helps!
I would also cut down on the treats! As much as we want to show our love by treating our bunnies, they are fatty and can make them sick from eating too much!

Hi guys, I need your help again!!!!
Fettuccine is not looking good right now. I need to know why he's poo has been looking like that!?⬇⬇

So lately he's poo has been looking draker then usually and like the picture below ⬇⬇ and he has been looking a little sad but he has also been playing. Yesterday was cold so me boys were mostly snuggling etc. They didn't eat as much through out the day but the next morning their plates were empty.

The small guy is Fettuccine and the bigger boy is he's brother Milo🤗

Now what may have course this reaction:

He did get two treats before this and they were two normal bunny treats but also two (Provita whole-wheat crispbreads!) - I think this is what coursed this!!

He did NOT get two hole pieces just two separate that make about 2/3 of the cracker, but about one every 5/ 4 hours as a treat from calling him towards me.

He has gotten wierd poos before but manly from fruits and vegetables, he does have a sensitive tummy but this time I'm a bit more concerned then before. He's poos have been wonky lately with some being normal but dark to other coming in wierd shapes and him just stepping on them.

He is being potty trained but today he was given he's least favorite blanket to eat , drink , lay on so he decided to poo behind the sofa.🤦🏾‍♀️ instead of in he's poo tray.

I'm not sure if the Provita is what coursed this but if it is please let me know! I feel terrible giving this to them but I was eating them while watching tv and I just decided to give both boys and carried on with my day.

I feel terrible!😔
Is your bunnies ok now??

Hi there, thanks for getting back to me!!

Fettuccine's stools have gotten much better. I changed he's diet recently and from that I have seen a big change in he's productivity and he's out-put. He has also been given broccoli and cauliflower as an addition to he's diet. (Both have been eating hay, but Milo loves it more then Fetty. Fetty only eats it if thiers nothing else to eat and that's usually early mornings.)

We were thinking it had to be from he's diet(input) and so I have been trying to make he's Gi- track stronger and healthy and cut out unnecessary added foods to he's diet and he's treats.
( Same goes to Milo)

He's stools are now normal stools, sometimes some come out wet but in their little ball and others "normal', we also figured that they crush their stools through out the day and don't at night when their tired from being outside.

So my mom has been taking them outside to play when I'm busy, so they are productive and busy. Both boys have gotten bigger and have really been expressing themselves lately positively and negatively witch is good because it means their personalities have gotten bigger.😊

Thank you to everyone who has replied and I'm sorry I didn't reply soon I had forgotten to check my emails and didn't see that you wonderful people have replied.😊
May God bless you all.🙏

Last edited:
Hi there, thanks for getting back to me!!

Fettuccine's stools have gotten much better. I changed he's diet recently and from that I have seen a big change in he's productivity and he's out-put. He has also been given broccoli and cauliflower as an addition to he's diet. (Both have been eating hay, but Milo loves it more then Fetty. Fetty only eats it if thiers nothing else to eat and that's usually early mornings.)

We were thinking it had to be from he's diet(input) and so I have been trying to make he's Gi- track stronger and healthy and cut out unnecessary added foods to he's diet and he's treats.
( Same goes to Milo)

He's stools are now normal stools, sometimes some come out wet but in their little ball and others "normal', we also figured that they crush their stools through out the day and don't at night when their tired from being outside.

So my mom has been taking them outside to play when I'm busy, so they are productive and busy. Both boys have gotten bigger and have really been expressing themselves lately positively and negatively witch is good because it means their personalities have gotten bigger.😊

Thank you to everyone who has replied and I'm sorry I didn't reply soon I had forgotten to check my emails and didn't see that you wonderful people have replied.😊
May God bless you all.🙏
That's great to hear. Be careful with broccoli, it can be gassy and I read they can only have the stalk part, and leaves..No tops. Take care!

That's great to hear. Be careful with broccoli, it can be gassy and I read they can only have the stalk part, and leaves..No tops. Take care!
My bunny has had broccoli (little stalk and top) in his diet for over a year and he hasn’t had any complaints and is in great health, I think it can give them “painful gas” if you give it to them in large quantities, but as for mine they have a small amount with the rest of their veggies and have no problems :)

Back