He ATE my makeup!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PupTheRabbit

Reaction score
Guys I'm freaking out. I heard Pup crunching on something so I rushed over and saw that he bit off a corner of my liquid foundation makeup tube. There was makeup all over his mouth and he ate the plastic too!

So in a panic I dumped water all over his mouth, gave him 1 ML of motility medicine (from when he was sick in Oct) and then I syringe-fed him water. Now he is in his cage where I am forcing him to eat hay. I don't know what to do! I didn't think I just acted. I hope I did the right thing.

But could he get really sick and die from it? I'm BEYOND worried. He seems normal...for now.... HELP

If it's intended for you to put on your face, it's probably pretty safe for him to consume (assuming it's not any sort of acne-prevention sort of stuff).
Clean his face up and in the future, keep anything you don't want him eating out of his reach.

If it's intended for you to put on your face, it's probably pretty safe for him to consume (assuming it's not any sort of acne-prevention sort of stuff).
Clean his face up and in the future, keep anything you don't want him eating out of his reach.

Oh gosh I hope you're right. I would never forgive myself if anything bad happened.

I've deleted the other threads you made with the exact same first post. Please don't make duplicate threads on the same topic as it only makes things more confusing.

I'm sure he'll be fine. Just keep an eye on his poops for any changes, and if there are any, then you may want to consider a vet visit. Just do your regular routine with him too, as stressing him out wouldn't be good either. Lots of hay is always good.

He shouldn't make a practice of eating make-up, but he should be fine. Rabbits get into all kinds of things, just like kids do. Most of the time, it's harmless. If you do notice him acting unusually lazy or refusing to eat, call your vet and see what they suggest. But don't be too worried...this too shall pass. :)

He just wanted to feel pretty!!!
Q got into some lotion once (I have no idea how long she was sitting there licking at it before I noticed what she was doing), and was fine.

Oh, the things rabbits eat! Spike ate one of my contact lenses once. I rubbed my eye, it fell out and he ate it. I was panicking like crazy. Pictured it hardening in him and ripping him open internally or something. Called his vet and they said to watch him and make sure he kept eating/pooping normally. Luckily it was a soft contact lense, so he just pooped it out eventually.

I would say as long as pup is eating/pooping well by now, you are good.

Silly bunnies!

Latest posts

Back