hayrack

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AnnaS

Reaction score
I can't fit a hayrack anywhere in Chernish'scage, I usually put hay in the corner of the cage. But since the cagehas wire floor, the hay falls through it.
I tries putting piece of cardboard underneath the hay, but Chernishflipped all the hay from it and threw it out of his cage(bunnitude). Ithink he was mad that we moved his cage, so he decided not to allow anymodifications inside the cage.

Does anybody has any idea where to put the hay?

What I do is put the hay in between the bars ofthe cage. I clump the hay together so it stay put and Fayecan pull a piece out at her leisure.

Peter

We used to use one of those bin feeders, that youcan clasp on through the bars. It worked pretty well. Now that I thinkabout it, it worked better than our hay rack now.

I found a hayrack in the store yesterday.
The one I bought has hooks at the top to attach to bars.
hayrack.jpg

The first thing Chernish did was he knocked it right off the wall. Weput it up higher. I will check tonight if he was successful in knockingit down again.

So can you tighten the little hooks so that hecan't knock it down? Is it the kind that folds up if youwant?

SP-61912.JPG

I had bought the kind that Bo showed, but since they weree $6 each, after 3 I stopped that.

I have been buying some of those plastic organizers from the dollarstore, putting one on top of the other, cutting larger holes in it, andthen tieing it to the side of the cage so they can pull it out of theholes. It works really well, and is really cheap too! :D

~Nichole

Bo B Bunny wrote:
So can you tighten the little hooks so that he can't knockit down? Is it the kind that folds up if you want?

SP-61912.JPG
That's the one I use for Wrigley. I put a seagrass matthrough the hooks and then put it on the cage so that hay doesn't fallall over the floor. :D

Bo B Bunny wrote:
So can you tighten the little hooks so that he can't knock it down? Is it the kind that folds up if you want?

SP-61912.JPG

Oh thats exactly the one I got. We put it up a little higher, he was not able to knock it down yet.

That's the kind we now use too, although Abbylooooooves to pull it off and toss it about now and then. She's ourlittle Queen Diva of the house, she even pulls at the water bottlewhile drinking. If something isn't "just right", she's tossing it allover the place.

Chernish tries to demolish his cage when he is ina certain mood. But most of the stuff is already tied up to the side ofthe cage. :)
When we first got him, he used to move his litter box around the cagesearly in the morning creating enormous noise. My poor sister in law hadto sleep in the room with him.

My buns have the new Hay Roller I think by SuperPet (I'll try to find a pic and post later). It is shapedlike a ball and you can hang it, attach it to the bottom or take theball out of the holder and let the bun roll it around. I havemine hanging, but they usually detach it themselves. Sillybuns!

Bo B Bunny wrote:
So can you tighten the little hooks so that he can't knockit down? Is it the kind that folds up if you want?

SP-61912.JPG
That's the one I use fo my buns. I bend the hook on the bottom andwedge it behind one of the bars. So far only MooShu has been able toknock it down and I think she was pissed because I rearranged her cageone day.

BTW...I need to buy one more (for Chippy) and I can't find themanywhere. I bought the rest at PetSmart, but I ran them out of stockand they haven't reordered. Anyone know a good website that has them. Ihate to pay for the shipping, but I might have to.

:~) Jim

You can't just ask them at the pet store? I haveno qualms whatsoever about going up to someone and asking them to ordera product. I even went to a manager at the grocery store to see whythey didn't carry a particular herbal tea I like.

Stephanie wrote:
You can't just ask them at the pet store? I have no qualmswhatsoever about going up to someone and asking them to order aproduct. I even went to a manager at the grocery store to see why theydidn't carry a particular herbal tea I like.

Yeah...I should probably do that, but I like to buy things when I makethe trip. I hate it when stores run out and don't reorder unless acustomer brings it to their attention. It's a business and they shouldkeep stock on hand if they want to keep customers coming back.

Besides that, I was able to find the website I usedbefore...http://www.critterstore.com...

They have the bowls with the bunnies on them that I like, too:p

yhst-67835158275721_1827_518977

Back