hay

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Loz n Ebony

Reaction score
Fidget And Ebony dont eat much hay. Do you thinkits the type? should I try something else. Over here we cant gettymothy hay so is alfa alfa good enough?

luv 4rm

loz n ebs n fidget

xooxoxxo

Hi Loz,

Alfalfa hay is full of calories, nutrients, and protein, and lower infiber. Fiber is what people use the Timothy Hay for to helpthe digestive system. Too muchalfalfamaybe too rich for your rabbit. Pamnock doesn't usehay as her rabbitry is very big and the rabbit pellets she uses hasenough of fiber in it. Since I only have one rabbit at themoment, soon to have a second, I prefer to give them the extra fiberthat the Timothy Hay provides.

As bunnyusa said, some people use it without any problems, but justkeep an eye on herweight. House rabbits can getvery fat on it and a fat bunny is not a healthy bunny.

Make sure you have a good piece of hard wood (fruit tree wood) so thatshe can keep her teeth filed down as the Timothy Hay also helps to takecare of that as well.

-Carolyn

Awwww your getting another one??!! What type are you getting one of those lion heads?

As my bunnies live outdoors andhave the whole run of the garden do you think it will be ok to give them alfa alfa?

wuv 4rm

loz n the bunnies
oxoxox

Questions similar to yours often come up, Lauren,and the usual response is timothy hay and it is the mostrecommended. However, seeing as how that is not a viablealternativein your location, I would suggestlinking to the following Internet site and seeing what youmay be able to safely and successfully substitute.

http://www.rabbit.org/chapters/san-diego/diet/hay_grass.html

Buck

Latest posts

Back