hay stashing

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
wow absolutely amazing, I got to witness my bunny Bella hay stashing for the first time. I have never seen a bunny do this, and it was such a treat. I sat there and watched her the whole time. Then I looked in her box and there is a beautiful perfect circular nest made, without fur of course, but it was so amazing and special, to watch
She was so busy doing her wonderful job, she didn't even stop to eat when I put her dinner in her feeder, she just sniffed at it, then went back to collecting hay. Then I was cleaning her pen and she totally ignored me and kept on going in and out of her box with hay.

Bella has had false pregnancies the last 2 times, and never hay stashed, all she did was dig heaps.
This time she is hay-stashing and I know for sure she is pregnant.
It is amazing how early she is hay-stashing and nesting because she still has about 2 1/2 weeks to go.

Did anyone else experience their bunny nesting this early in a pregnancy, of all the Buns I've had she is nesting the earliest, my other Buns only made their nest during the night they kindled

Latest posts

Back