Hay question....

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

The-Family-O

Reaction score
i called about this Timothy hay today from this guy, and he said it is a timothy/orchard/alfalfa mix.

Should I even bother?

i asked if it was heavy with alfalfa and he said no, but I am wary.

Opinions? I told him I'd call tomorrow to let him know either way.

Thank you!

How old are your bunnies? What else do you feed them?

A 10% alfalfa hay mix is okay especially if you're feeding Timothy pellets (alfalfa pellets are okay, but not alfalfa hay).

sas :bunnydance:

The-Family-O wrote:
i called about this Timothy hay today from this guy, and he said it is a timothy/orchard/alfalfa mix.

Should I even bother?

i asked if it was heavy with alfalfa and he said no, but I am wary.

Opinions? I told him I'd call tomorrow to let him know either way.

Thank you!
like pipp says.//.but here is my take on the thread::/.hay(-timothy/orchard grass)-is nondigestible fiber..the diet must be 70%hay,..alfalfa is of the clover family,and like other vegys..digestible fibers,which make up a smaller percentage of the diet...now if the larger percentage of the diet is digestible foods-this- will only jepordize the rabbits health...sincerely james waller:wave::rose:due to the actual unknown percentage of alfalfa,,it would be better to purchase a hay,,

Pipp wrote:
How old are your bunnies? What else do you feed them?

A 10% alfalfa hay mix is okay especially if you're feeding Timothy pellets (alfalfa pellets are okay, but not alfalfa hay).

sas :bunnydance:

two are 2 yrs, two are 3 yrs.

i might not get it, only because i don't want to be upset/disappointed when i go and see the hay and realize the guy didn't tell mt the truth.

i know i can get a timothy/grass mix from my feed store, so i think i'll just stck with that...

thank you both though!! :hug::highfive::biggrin2::bunnydance:

Back