Hay question

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nangobi

Reaction score
My two rabbits don't seem too keen on hay - Ihear about other buns eating handfuls of it in hours but mine wouldn'teat a handful in 4-5 days! I've just bought a new brand of Timothywhich they aren'tinterested inreally.I'm now about to try the herbytimothy hay I've seem in case they like that better.

I really want to encourage them both to eat more hay - my new bun Neddywas used to muesli which I am slowly taking him off by verygradually adding pellets to his food (I assume this is the sensible wayto do it).

Last week I thought Neddy produced too many cecals cos I found one inthe hutch each morning - I've got a feeling I read somewhere on theforum that if this happens you should reduce pellets and increasehay. As Bugsy doesn't eat much hay at all would she beencouraged to eat more if I cut down her pellets too?

By the way, they LOVE grass and dandelion leaves but I can't let them on the lawn because it's so very wet at the moment.

Could it be possible that there are any horse tack & feed places anywhere near you?

If so, you'd be able to buy a bale of hay for much less than it'scosting to buy hay at a pet store, and the hay will be MUCH fresher,which your buns will enjoy more.

When I found a tack & feed place nearby our place, and got abale of hay, I found that my girls eat MUCH more hay than they usedto. They went from about how much your babies are eating toeating about a large handful DAILY. :shock:

So, it's worth checking out! :D

(Note: I don't know much about the UK and how things are set up there, so excuse if the question is silly...)
:embarrassed:

Oh yeah...

You can also try the yellow pages at msn.com...that's where I found the place near me. :)

Latest posts

Back