hay i got a question lol

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gjsara

Reaction score
when i got lyla and took her to the vet he saidto feed her alfalfa hay while she was still growing, so i bout her abag and every nite her and the pig get a handfull of alfalfa andtimothy i still have the alfalfa im tring to use it all when should istop giving it to her?? right now she is two months old if that helps???

Are you feeding your Rabbit Alfalfa based pelleted Rabbit feed?

If the answer is yes, then you don't need Alfalfa hay. Infact that maybe the reason Lyla stopped eating. I would opt for Grasshay. An Angorarabbit needs plenty of grasshay to help prevent Wool-block.Perhaps Lyla is eating enough pelleted feed to sustain her. There isreally no necessity to feed vegetables to any rabbit. If you do chooseto feed them. I suggest that you do so as an ocassional treat.Everything in moderation. Everything a rabbit needs for propernutrition is provided by: A quality Pelleted Rabbit Feed, Grasshay andWater. Water being the most important part of the rabbits diet. Allother additives should be considered treats and fed as such. As always,JMPO.

Dennis,C.V.R.

BunnyMommy wrote:
If I've read this segment correctly, they can continue tohave unlimited alfalfa up to seven months to one year.

Alfalfa hay is high in calories and calcium, which is why I stick withTimothy Hay, but is okay as BunnyMommy pointed out for the littleones.

You might also try occasionally giving your bunny some dried papaya asit helps to move fur blocks through the system that the hay wasn't ableto clean out. "Stringers" are poops that are attached byhair. They're a good sign as it shows that the hair isgetting flushed out of the rabbits system. No matter when Ifeed it to my rabbits, even though they have unlimited timothy hayavailable to them at all times, I still find stringers. Youcan get it at your grocery store in the produce isle.

-Carolyn

You could also try fresh pineapple, gjsara. You might find some at a salad bar in your grocery store.

Sure am glad to have you back!

:)

-Carolyn

Latest posts

Back