Having problems with Hera!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Seras

Reaction score
Hera has become extremely agressive. I cannot handle her without getting hurt unless i put a towel around her. She is contantly biting me when i have to feed/change litter in her box. She does not want ANYTHING to do with me. My other female Sally who is hitting pruberty is alot more mellow then her. I got her at least to get her out of petco who had her is a small cage and neglected her grooming. She was so sweetish lol. I was planing on getting a 4th rabbit cause thats my limit but hows shes been acting im wondering what was i thinking has that happened to anyone? Ive groomed her and she is alot better. Her and Zues seem to be getting along ok except for her constantly humping him. I just need some advice she just seems to be getting moodier as time goes on. Ideas?

007-3.jpg

You said she bites when you feed her or change her litter. May be she is cage aggresive. How does she act if you pet her and play with her when she is out of her cage? I would put her cage on the floor or use a ramp so she can get in and out on her own. That way you don't have to reach in and get her. When she is out, I would feed and clean her cage then.

My rabbits don't bite when I handle them but they hate it. Chase goes crazy and I can't hold her or pick her up. So I have a routine where I almost never have to pick them up. I still get on the floor with them and play with them and pet them. We have a routine so they know when to go back into there cage. If I brush them, I do it with them on the floor. I put my hand under there chest and life up a little so there back feet are on the floor and there front feet are a little on the floor. But they can't fun forward. If they try I lift up little more so there front feet are not on the floor. This works great for them because they feel secure with there feet on the floor, but I am still holding them so they can't get away. And sometimes I follow them around and brush them. I will brush them when they eat hay, sit in the litter box, or eating a treat. But I never pick them up to do it.

I hope that helps. Sometimes it is trying lots of different things to find what is comfortable for your bunny. You could also try giving your bunny a treat when you reach in to feed or change the litter. Then she will associate you coming into her cage as a positive thing. I would give the treat through the bars of the cage and once she starts eating, try to go in quickly and do what you need to do.

Honestly? I think you just need to let her settle in and get used to you.

She isnt eating anything but hay and pellets right now. She is agressive in and out of her cage. She will not allow me to touch her she runs and then thumps. I am just not used to this reactions since all my other bunnys are pretty calm around me. Only other rabbit is Jack with the kicking but he's been getting better.

You don't know what her history was like. She went from a home (?), to Petco, to your house, to being put in with another rabbit pretty much right away. I'd be irratated if I were her, too. You need to let her get used to her surroundings and to you. Maybe you are fussing with her too much, too soon? Not all rabbits are the same, so you can't really compare her to your other bunnies personalities.

If she doesn't want to be held or pet, then don't pet her right now....work on that later on, after she has had time to settle down.

Have you tried to do a little much a little too fast? I just adopted a rabbit a few weeks ago, and to be honest its frustrating getting her to like me, but the reason we are making progress is that I don't push her. I wouldnt try to pick her up at all, it sounds like your relationship cant take that right now.

Start from the beginning and read some articles about bonding with a new rabbit. She might warn up if she gets space.

Latest posts

Back