Having a taste of freedom

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lorri

Reaction score
T8MJyvr5iQqjVNgy7k9q2A
T8MJyvr5iQqjVNgy7k9q2A
Hi guys Spring has just arrieved and it's getting warmer for Pepper to out in the back garden, but there is one thing that is worring me. The sparrow hawk yes those birds.

We have a sparrow hawk hanging around my area in the spring and summer and being the colour Pepper is. (The colouring of a wild rabbit) I'm worried the Sparrow hawk might grab her and fly away with her. I don't want to have a run madefor her. I want her to have a taste of freedom in the back garden without any worries. There a few places she can hide away from. At time she will be under supervision by me or my hubby at times, but there will be times I have to go indoors.

So I'm asking is there any other advice you can give me please.

picasabackground.jpg

T8MJyvr5iQqjVNgy7k9q2A
T8MJyvr5iQqjVNgy7k9q2A
T8MJyvr5iQqjVNgy7k9q2A

The only way is to build a pen with a top on it for her. Sorry, other then that you risk your bunny being taken. I'm sure she would be much happier in a safe pen then being taken by a sparrow hawk ;) Plus since she is domestic, she won't see the bird as much of a threat and probably won't run until it is too late.

I have made up my mind with this I'm gonna get my hubby to build a run for her it's too scary to leave her on her own not being penned up.

what a sweet looking bunny! you could try pets at home - they are everywhere! or else a country suppliers - down here we have mole valley farmers - some of their poultry runs could be suitable for a small bun.:)

For any unsupervised time, I would build a top to your pen. If you can supervise her at all times (which I think would be better) sitting near her should be enough to deter hawks. Also having lots of boxes and areas she can hide will keep her safe.

Back