Have you experienced anything like this?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bo B Bunny

Reaction score
Bo surprised all of us tonight when my daughter (bratbunny) was in the xpen just spending time with them. She was stacking the cups and gave Bo the littlest one and he would hand it back to her. He kept trying to put it in her hand we thought..... no.... she took the biggest cup and held it out and he put the little cup in it. She then went to the next to the biggest and he did it again. I am not kidding you! he went all the way to the very last cup - had a hard time of it and got a bit frustrated - you could see it! and finally after several attempts he raised up really high and flung the cup into the other ones.

She tried to repeat this *game* to show my son and Bo refused to play anymore. He had done them all - time to get some love~!

I am not surprised at the intelligence rabbits have, but this was a bit unexpected. He got the cups in one attempt each time until that last one. She could move the stack and he would move to place the little cup in the top. She'd hand him the cup back and he'd wait until she added the next smaller cup to the stack and place the cup in it.

I told Lexi that we need to get a video! Petstar here we come!!!!! LOL!

I know! It's like he will throw things and flip stuff so at first I thought - yeah, that was a coincidence! Then he repeated it several times and getting the cup the right way, placing it in the next cup.

Lexi was so proud of him! She said he likes to unstack them better tho! LOL

I would LOVE to get video of it. I don't have a digicam yet tho. I might be able to figure out how to get it on my phone and then transfer it..... IF he'll do it again. We kept saying how we needed video!

I'm still amazed!

That's awesome! Our buns can be amazingly smart sometimes. I've seen Fey slide an NIC panel open (it blocked off a "naughty area"), hop through, then slide it back closed behind her. And Sprite taught me to fetch for her, LOL! Darn smart.

TOO FUNNY! She closed the panel too! How cleaver!

They are so smart - I've seen Bo and Tony pick up a chew twig and throw it out the NIC or regular cage openings. They sit there and wait for me to pick it up and put it back....... it took awhile for me to realize that they were enjoying this little game they played BOTH TIMES! lol.

We really want to video tape Bo doing this. Honestly it was pretty impressive!

Ok, now this isn't a video but Lexi played with Bo again tonight. he wasn't as eager but did play. I did get the camera and it got a before and after, but the stupid thing didn't get the action of putting it in the cup.

However, I had to share the two pictures and ask you to look at his little face in the second one! It's like "see I dooded it again for you, wexi!" He was so happy!

This go here like dis......

DISgoheresee.jpg

Dat Good, Wexi?

SeeIdodedit.jpg

That is totally AWESOME!! He is a very smart cookie for sure!

The only game Carmel likes to play is grab the toy from my hand, throw it hard, wait for me to go get it and bring it back so she can do it again. If I stop playing too soon, she will follow me around with the toy in her mouth.

I guess I'm good at playing fetch :p

Bo likes that game too! Here we call it "Watch my human fetch!" and "COME BACK TO BUNNY! I not done yet!" ;)

Until I got Bo I was one of the non-believers...... actually I had no idea what smart and funny animals they were. I thought "ooo soft and cuddly!"

Three years later and I am still beaming with pride and laugh histerically when they binky and do the bunny 500! :tongue

bo and clover have bells too! They are hanging bird toys - wood with a bell.....

Tony isnt' getting one! :X

Latest posts

Back