Have you ever had a bunny that goes to the bathroom RIGHT in the MIDDLE of her cage?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rita1234

Reaction score
I have fabric down around a litter box with aspen bedding and litter crystals in it. Unfortunately, when I put the box in the corner she WON'T go in it and she goes to the bathroom in the middle of the cage! I've tried rearranging things but it's no use she always goes in the middle. So today I decided to try and leave her ltter box in the middle as well to see if she's just avoiding it.

I thought bunnies normally go in corners? And they like bedding better? I have a grate over my litter box could that be the problem because she can't see the bedding? I dont want to have to have her box smack in the middle of her cage, it's shaped like a triangle for the corner and it's a little awkward there:)

You could try getting a square one for now and put it in the middle of the cage so she gets use to it and see if that helps. Blossom has just started pooping in the middle of the cage but I think she is marking her teritory. Mindy

Or maybe she just doesn't like her litterbox. Mine doesn't like a litterbox so I put a whack of newspaper or no smell doggy pee pee pads.

Jj

Thanks guys. I might try a larger square on in the middle just to try it if this doesn't work out, I just wanted to make sure my methods weren't totally wrong:)

Latest posts

Back