have to move buns outside

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AnnaMarie

Reaction score
my buns have been indoor but lately that have ruined the floor and it is starting to smell. i found a quiet area that has a dirt patch and is surrounded by walls and fences. i hate to move them out but i must. the whole floor has to be replaced and walls painted and such. they are litter boxed trained, but lately they don't like their boxes cleaned. if i even use water to wash them out they won't use them and my house is starting to smell.....ugh!

who keeps their rabbits outside?

signed

stuck

Hi AnnaMarie,

Could you please put your location in your profile? Some locations are not ok to house rabbits outside in, whereas some are.

I currently have 9 living outside and they do fine.

You will need to make sure the area is fully weather proof (protecting from rain, sun, wind, etc), fully predator proof (not sure what you have in your area but raccoons, foxes, cats, birds of prey, etc) and fully rabbit proof (so safe for the rabbits, that they can't dig out or jump out, have somewhere to hide, no unsafe plants, etc).

You will probably have to make a transition for them from inside to outside because it can be dautning and scary.

How has their behaviour changed inside? Is it that someone is being more messy? Are they all spayed/neutered? Is one bun the cu;ptri or lots of them? Have there been any indoor changes in their world?

Hi Anne-Marie :)

I was just going to remark that once you repair the existing damage, you could tarp the area under your buns' indoor living space.
As Tracy noted, spay & neuter can change the urine dynamic greatly :)

Or a sheet of linoleum glued onto ply wood. There are all sorts of solutions to prevent damage to floors.

If you are interested, we could probably brainstorm a solution for you.

--Dawn

Back