Have some questions about this show

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bjbarrick

Reaction score
I've been looking for some shows to go to and this one seems to be the closest and easiest to travel so far. I would like to enter it, but I'm not sure what all to do.

https://www.arba.net/Sanction Files/BUTLER COUNTY RBA34.pdf

Do I have to enter both Show A and Show B? What is the fur class? Do I have to enter the fur class? How do I have to fill out the form? If the early breeds start at 8:30 and all other breeds start after 9, does that mean the show only lasts a half hour?

I know these may sound like strange questions, but I wouldn't look anywhere else to get the answers and I'm all new to this, lol.

You do not have to enter both A and B show. It is really just another opportunity to have your rabbit judged and it should be judged by a different judge. Since you are there anyway, it doesn't really hurt to enter both shows, the outcome can be different, so you might end up winning something. Some shows might have the A show on Saturday and B on Sunday.
I am not 100% what the fur class is, but you don't have to enter it.

The enter form is fairly strait forward. The ear # is the tattoo in the left ear. Rabbits do have to be tattooed in the left ear to be shown.
Breed is the breed.
Variety is the colour variety, and is how they are shows. This varies from breed to breed, it can be the actual colour or just solid or broken pattern. You would have to figure out what colour and variety your rabbit is.
Next is the age, there are 4 class and 6 class breeds. 4 class is generally the smaller breeds and only have 4 age/sex classes (sr buck, sr doe, jr buck and jr doe). 6 class tend to have larger breeds and have intermediate as well as junior and senior. Junior is under 6 months, intermediate is 6-8 months for 6 class breeds, and senior is over 6 months.
Buck and doe is just the sex.
So an extry could be something like AA11 for the tattoo, Tan breed, Black variety, Sr age, buck.

Starting some breeds earlier may mean there are more of those breeds entered and it just takes longer to judge them, so they want an early start.

Ok thanks. I'm hoping to enter this show, just to give it a try. I'm kinda excited lol

Fur class is just an extra judging, and you pay a fee to be judged in the fur class. Unless you know your rabbit is in prime coat condition you could skip it. It's done by breed.

Oh ok. Thanks. Our girls coat is in pretty good condition but I think I'll skip that for now.

Latest posts

Back