Have questions about cages at shows....

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Justa_4-H_Mom

Reaction score
Hi, our fair needs new cages. The rabbits stay the duration of the fair. So my question is to those who have gone to shows where the rabbits are cooped. What kind of cages are used? Hanging, stacking, etc? Thanx

I've seen all types of cages at fairs -- from chicken coops to hanging cages. Storage is also a consideration, so some prefer cages that can be folded and stored. I like the pans so the kids can easily clean the cages during fair and so the rabbits are not sitting in urine.

When I lived in Ohio, our 4-H clubs raised over $7000 to purchase new stacking cages with pans (we sold sponsorships to cage, and put the sponsors name on a plaque on each cage).

Logan's cage company from Indiana delivered the cages for free and set them up.

Pam

Wow Pam.....that is awesome. I'm figuring that we need to raise about $1500. Our fair is small, we might get about 40 rabbits. What kind of fund raiser(s) did you do. The sponsorship is a great idea. The county rabbit leader has about 25 kids....I have one, my daughter in my 4-H group....but I think if we get together we can raise $1500.

Deena

We had the kids/parents sell the sponsorships to local families, individuals and businesses.

You need to figurethe cost per cage and tags to put on the cages. (We had a local trophy company do engraved plastic tags that we clipped to the cages).

Pam

Justa_4-H_Mom wrote:
How much for a sponsorship?

You'll need to get a quote on the cost of cages, delivery, and the cost of the sponsor tags. Then figure what you'll have to charge for a sponsorship to cover that amount. I think we sold sponsorships for approx. $35. Some businesses sponsored a stack of cages.

Pam

Latest posts

Back